Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

It's amazing how happy I am to go in to work after a two and a half day weather-enforced holiday.
  2. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Sore in all the right places from my lesson yesterday
  3. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Found a snack I'd loved from twenty-plus years ago at another store. Yay!
  4. Aura

Aura Active Member

This is totally random, but it's had a significant mental presence since my pro left: Is there any distinct advantage that I'm being taught by a woman? Maybe there isn't, but I'm just curious.

The two remaining male teachers are tied up. One is a newer teacher that's learning the ropes, so the studio wants to understandably place him with newer students. The other one has at least four advanced students that compete actively, so he often travels out-of-state for the competitions. In addition, he has also occasionally teaches the students my old pro left behind. He's definitely got his hands full.

I'm in a period of transition and am trying to find some more positives in my situation. I love the woman teaching me because she's clear, no-nonsense, but loves to laugh all the same.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

there are times when I craved a ladies' perspective ad felt she would understand more clearly what I was struggling with on various amalgamations....I think it is always wisest to look atmaximizing what you do have rather than worrying about that which is not available....
  6. stash

stash Well-Known Member

After having 2 male coaches in 2 years, having a female coach has really boasted my dancing. IDK if this is just my female coach, but she is able to translate what I guy wants to feel, into how the girl should achieve it. She has also been a great asset in terms of frame, footwork, and overall mentality of the couple. It has been a wonderful and refreshing experience.
  7. Aura

Aura Active Member

This is definitely something I'm working on, focusing on what I have versus what I don't. That's why I was asking for other perspectives. If you have any more advice for maximizing what I have now, do tell. Thanks.
  8. Hedwaite

Random wonder: Can you, like, die from eating too many olives? I'm on jar number two. It's an itch I have to fully scratch, then it'll be back to cheeseburgers or whatever.
  9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I think I can safely conclude that you cannot....first of all, if you eat too many of them they will--how do I say this--evacuate themselves...making room for more...the bigger issue, as I see it, is the combination of salt intake and diarrhetic impact....but then that sort of balances itself out now doesn't it?
  10. Hedwaite

Well, on the plus side, maybe it'll clean out some of the rest of what's making my clothes fit the way they do. Sweet.
  11. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Although I didn't compete this weekend, I found my next pair of standard shoes. I have been converted to the darkside... Bye-bye supa's hello ray rose :D
    Sania and llamasarefuzzy like this.
  12. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Potentially looking at a new job. Delivering newspapers mon-fri, overnight. Better pay, easier work, more freedom.

Only bad point is I've gotta drive manual all the time :-/
    cornutt likes this.
  13. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Some of us do that by choice and preference!
    Sania and llamasarefuzzy like this.
  14. Lioness

I'd love to learn to do it properly. BF's old car was the fussiest manual ever, and it gave me some bad experiences :-/

But at least I know how to do it so I've got something to start from.
  15. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

I feel very zippy when I drive my dad's manual
  16. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I took some lessons with the female instructor at my studio and I think it really helped me with technique and understanding the finer points that my pro could not and did not have time to deal with.
    stash likes this.
  17. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

If the synchros are messed up, that can be worse than driving one with no synchros at all. I suspect if you get a vehicle with a decent gearbox you'll catch on pretty quick.
  18. Sania

Sania Active Member

Also contemplating switching to ray rose for standard - I already wear them for Latin, and my supa court shoes do not fit at all well
  19. Lioness

The next car I get will definitely be a Subaru.

One like this

image.jpg

Vrrrrmmm.
  20. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Great hot yoga class- something about hot yoga makes me feel so refreshed and centered.
    llamasarefuzzy likes this.