Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

glory be; windows open, and yard work has begun....

j_alexandra and stash like this.
  2. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

That's awesome! Congrats! :)

I'd also note that that same sort of missed connections stuff is creepy when guys do it. ;)

3. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Lemon ginger tea is the best when you've got a cold.

Sania, Lioness and JudeMorrigan like this.
  4. Aura

Aura Active Member

Thanks for the encouraging comments, everyone. I'm seeing him again tonight for a school event. Very excited! :)

stash likes this.
  5. stash

stash Well-Known Member

One class till freedom. And by freedom I mean getting up early tomorrow to be on the road to Harvard's comp :D (well smiles to going to harvard, not smiles for the getting up early part)...

6. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Friday! A very non-restful weekend coming, but at least it's MINE.

7. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

My We Need To Talk talk with my am partner went far better than I'd feared. Air was cleared. Apologies were made. She's still planning on moving in the fall, so I still need to start seriously looking for a new long term partner (she was actually confused at the idea that I hadn't already been doing so), but we're at least planning on continuing to practice together for now. One of the summer comps isn't out of the question either, depending on how things work out.

bia, cornutt, mindputtee and 4 others like this.
  8. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Awesome! Glad to hear that!

Care to share some wisdom on partner communication in General Dance forum?

9. Cal

Cal Active Member

Halftime - On Wisconsin!

10. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Somehow over the recent past, when I go to social dances, I've become someone who gets asked to do Standard. Seriously. Seriously?

Terpsichorean Clod, samina and Sania like this.
  11. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

classical music blaring....windows open....fresh healthy food baking in the oven....life doesn't get much better...perhaps if the kids and the the grandbaby were here, and then there was waltzing...then, it would be perfect...but I will take it...beats the hell out of polar vortex, reality TV, and a bag of doritos

Sania and j_alexandra like this.
  12. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Received tickets for: (1) Derek & Julianne Show in Nashville in June, and (2) Indycar race at Barber, complete with paddock passes.

13. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

First post-comp lesson today!

14. JudeMorrigan

I am deeply, deeply skeptical that anything I have to say on the topic would count as "wisdom". :)

15. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Finally getting an office of my own again, plus an upgrade to window's 7, plus two more labs to work on! Huzzah!

Sania likes this.
  16. bia

bia Well-Known Member

I missed this earlier, but I'm very glad to hear it! So maybe we'll get to see you at the Gumbo?

17. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

was bummed because i didn't realize my strawberries were getting to old to eat. Then I realized I could put them in a smoothie. Planned for later today: strawberry chocolate almond smoothie. super pumped.

JudeMorrigan likes this.
  18. JudeMorrigan

It's conceivable! It's also possible that I may stick with Derby City as my only am-am summer comp though. That one has the virtue of being the closest thing to a bona fide local NQE as it gets for me.

19. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Sadly, said smoothie was not as delicious as anticipated. Good, but not amazing.

20. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

X is better than Y because X fulfills my idiosyncratic needs, which I stupidly generalize to be everybody's needs.

j_alexandra likes this.