Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Long thought, but very happy.

Was in talks with a sponsored girl in Europe to buy her latin dress which I really liked. Finally started talking to the sponsor, and they wanted 100 more euro, and for me to pay shipping. The dress was already the most I could possibly afford (or really, want to spend). Got really bummed because I couldn't justify buying it and it was the second dress that I had found that I really liked (although, not quite as much as the first which was $4500....:eek:)

3 hours after when I was feeling bummed out, a girl posted about her latin dress that has LITERALLY everything I was looking for. And below budget. Have already emailed her and am working out the final bits of the transaction. I feel like this is a good karma moment from the universe. Thank you, universe!:dancingbanana:
  2. Sania

Sania Active Member

How erudite!

Joe gets the vocabulary award for the day.
  3. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Ahaha. BF realises an hour before he has to leave to go to D&D that now is, actually, the last chance he has to pack.

I hate to say I told you so, but holy batman he's dumb sometimes.
  4. Lioness

"Wow I have so much stuff I never use"

So throw it out?

"Nah. It'll be useful to someone at some point I imagine..."

...noooooooooo. Stahp.
  5. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I have to admit I'm a "collector" of sorts, but once in awhile I go through and toss a ton of stuff, then feel bad about it, and then it piles up again, then it gets tossed again... ugh. Of course, by tossed, I mean parceled out one way or another, not necessarily trashed.
  6. Lioness

Me too...but I see moving house as a great time to cleanse, and the stuff he's keeping is "the toy car I got for my 8th birthday and loved" sort of thing.

Oh well. His stuff, his problem.
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I cannot stand clutter, the rest of my family would never throw wanything away....we have the six month rule..."can we agree that if you have not used this in 6 months, I can throw it away or give it away?".....they always say yes.....I always get to get rid of it
  8. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

We enrolled our 50th research participant today! 30 more to go...
  9. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I need to de-clutter and organize in the worst way. It's amazing what can accumulate behind a perpetually closed door. *sigh*
    RiseNFall likes this.
  10. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

11. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Cheesecake.
    j_alexandra and Sania like this.
  12. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Off to orientation to learn how to be a volunteer at the local animal shelter! Hope I get to play with some puppies and kittens while I'm there!
    Sania, dancelvr and llamasarefuzzy like this.
  13. dancelvr

Yay! Good for you! :D
  14. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Yup. I have always wanted to work at this shelter, but I haven't had the time until recently. (Well I hope!) It's a (basically) no kill shelter. They treat the animals so well (dog dens instead of crates with heated floors, and kitty condos with dark hiding spots to make the kitties feel safe and secure). I can't wait to start.

It also gives me the chance to scope out the animals for one that we may want to adopt in the future :p
    nikkitta and dancelvr like this.
  15. dancelvr

I finally found the time to gather all my Latin music CD's, re-sinc my I-Pod (thus erasing all existing music) and loading her up with Rumba, Samba, Cha-Cha, and Jive. I may even have found a practice floor today, very near where I work! I'll check it out next week. But, I think $40 a month for unlimited use (late at night, when no classes are being held) isn't such a bad deal.
  16. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Chilly and Sunny! The best combination to get me to do some much needed work inside the house today.
  17. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Play with puppies today and received lots of face kisses. Boy do I miss having of my own... Can I graduate already so I can affords one??? Pwease!!!
  18. Lioness

Found a queen bed on gumtree for $110...texted to see if it was available and they said I could have it for $80. Score!

Our old bed is so broken it's not funny.
    stash likes this.
  19. Cal

Cal Active Member

Nephew wrestled this week-end and placed well enough to qualify to compete at the Junior World Team Trials at the end of May in Madison, WI! I'm so excited for him. Road trip to the Coliseum!
    dancelvr likes this.
  20. Cal

Cal Active Member

You are just talking about the bedstead, right? You aren't taking the mattress, are you? Be careful about used mattresses - in these parts, they often are cheap because they have bedbugs.