Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

We still have our old mattress, so we found a bed without one.

Not sure how common bed bugs are in Aus, though. I've never heard of anyone getting them, aside from the grandparents saying "goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite"
  2. Cal

Cal Active Member

Whew - glad that you have your own mattress.
    I'm a lot older than you but we had the same "goodnight" saying, too (but not because we had bedbugs, I'm quick to add!).
  3. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

If Apple were selling them, they'd be more expensive because they'd have bed "features".
  4. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Unequivocably happy: labwork confirmed that the cyst I had removed was, in fact, a cyst and just a cyst. That is, there were no signs of malignancy. It's very much what I think everyone had expected, but it's still obviously good to hear.
  5. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Success today. Finally.
    j_alexandra likes this.
  6. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Heard today on the radio "Forgiving someone means releasing them from a debt they rightfully owe you".
    j_alexandra likes this.
  7. Sania

Sania Active Member

Tell us more!
  8. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I might be fostering two kittens from a struggling kitten rescue organization in Mexico. Let's hope I can do right by these little babies. Kittens are treated HORRIBLY in Mexico. They deserve a loving home. I'll know tomorrow if they are coming to stay with me.
    j_alexandra, nikkitta, stash and 2 others like this.
  9. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Almost done with registering for my last two semesters. 1 summer class (which just needs to be paid for) and 3 fall classes (one more to sign up, just need my prof to sign a paper to agree to let me TA her class). Woot. December 2014 can't come soon enough.
  10. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Off from work...tried an awesome Pure Barre class and loved it....now trying to figure out how to fit it into my available time for workouts....
  11. Cal

Cal Active Member

The stars have aligned just enough that I'm finally in a position to go car-shopping.
  12. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Talked to a recruiter today about an airforce medical school scholarship. He said that last year I would have been given automatic acceptance because of my gpa/mcat! Also, that I could gain 50 lbs and still be eligible. Come at me, Ben and Jerrys :dancingbanana:
    JudeMorrigan and fascination like this.
  13. Cal

Cal Active Member

My dad went that route back in the late 1940s-early 1950s. (He wasn't exactly a militarily-minded fellow, but he wasn't a M*A*S*H kind of character either - well, maybe a BJ Hunicutt.) I don't think he ever regretted the opportunity and experience that he got out of it.
    Best of luck to you if you decide to pursue that option!
    llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  14. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Random: A small group from the studio is off competing this weekend. This is the first time that people have been off at a competition where I have found myself seriously bummed out that I wasn't there. (Usually it barely makes my radar that there's a competition going on.) I decided not to go for all sorts of logical, sound reasons, including status of routine prep, budget, and that it is not on the plan for this year - and never even discussed the possibility of going with pro - but I am finding myself insanely jealous of the people that are there and really, really want to be there too. Instead I'm about to head to the empty studio for solo practice :(

Could it be that I actually developing some competitive fire? And an actual desire to compete? As in, it will no longer be a terrifying experience filled with nerves and self-sabotage with occasional flashes of fun and hints of what I am actually capable of? This may be huge...
    cornutt likes this.
  15. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

note to self....just because it's brown rice pasta doesn't mean you can eat the entire package...blerg....mea maxima culpa......
  16. JudeMorrigan

I imagine that with your dancing, you're in rather better shape now than I was when I joined the Navy, but if you're considering going this route, allow me to heartily recommend you keep up with the PT requirements sooner rather than later.
  17. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice- I've been working on the strength aspect more-- I hear there is a pushup requirement? Turns out dancing doesn't help much with upper body strength
  18. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Looked into cheap highly pigmented eyeshadows, and all my research led me to DIY. just ordered $60 worth of materials and I'm so excited. Such gorgeous colours. This is my fave

image.jpg
    llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  19. JudeMorrigan

Yeah, I feel you. I was always turrible at pushups myself. Looks like the minimum to pass for females under 30 is 18 and the minimum to get into the "medium-risk" category is 30. On the plus side, I have to imagine that as a medical officer, they wouldn't care quite so much about whether or not you're towards the top of the charts as they would if you were a line officer. Either way though, I'm sure you'll be fine. :)
  20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

18....no problem...