Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Be done with them, then. You don't need bad vibes hanging all over you when you're doing something that's supposed to be fun.

dancelvr likes this.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yea well....anyone got an extra 20k to buy my 13 gowns?

3. Cal

Cal Active Member

After at least 18 months of nagging my mom, she FINALLY got hearing aids. She can hear!!!
    (Note: this is not always a good thing.)

4. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Am currently in Italy for 3 weeks visiting family (Woot!) Went glacier skiing today which was awesome. Also very excited that two nights ago, I turned on the TV and there were 2 ballroom shows on in one evening and neither was dancing with the stars! The first one was on the ESPN equivalent and was a competition which was so cool because it was announced and everything just like a gym meet would be. The second I'm pretty sure was the ballroom show that we have a thread on being filmed in pro-am. I thought they did a pretty good job of showing the ballroom world without creating too much unrealistic drama (well, for a reality tv show anyways)

dancelvr, j_alexandra and fascination like this.
  5. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Part of my job is to take police calls for three of our small local communities. Tonight, I took an animal call. A man had a cat in a trap in his garage. The cat was acting wild, so it was possible that he/she was feral. (Not for sure, but possible.) I contacted our local humane society, and asked what they do with feral cats. They euthanize them. Not the answer I wanted. So, instead, I hooked the guy up with a friend who specializes in the catch/spay/and release of feral cats. (It pays to have connections!) I believe, between the three of us, we gave kitty a second chance. If feral, she will live out her life, either at the man's home or mine. If stray, she will eventually find a loving forever home. This makes me happy. :D

Sania, nikkitta and RiseNFall like this.
  6. Cal

Cal Active Member

I really want to resume my interval training (I can't believe I'm saying that!), and so this morning I took a deep breath and tentatively tried out a very slow and very short jog to see how much the impact might affect my neck/throat. So far, there's just a little cough as the long-unused nerve-endings come to life again, and a there's just a bit of "heaviness" in the throat. That seems encouraging. I'll try it again in a day or two.

7. Cal

Cal Active Member

I tried out some more interval training tonight - managed 2 intervals of about 1 minute 45 seconds each. There was no coughing this time, but still a bit of the heaviness in the throat. Again, very encouraged!

8. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

One of my favourite books has been made into a TV show and I'm quite happy with how it's going so far.

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

It's not Outlander is it?

10. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

Happiness = nesting + looking forward to new things

I keep getting farther away from the city, which means no dancing. I've gone dancing 3 times in 2014, and that's okay. I'm a full time student with a (finally only) part time job. Except for this month, which is full of transitioning and downtime. Moved in to a new place - just finished unpacking, just now. I started a new job and nursing clinical starts very very soon. Been hitting the gym a lot, happy about that.

What else is new and happy/random? You guys really should watch Breaking Bad, if you have not already. It's just the best. And yeah. Hey, everyone. Just wanted to say hi. :)

ETA: I love how I have a typo in my signature that I never noticed before...

JudeMorrigan, Loki and Sania like this.
  11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Welcome back!

wonderwoman and JudeMorrigan like this.
  12. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Got a ticket to see Tori Amos in concert next week!

('Tis a slightly early birthday present for myself.)

wonderwoman likes this.
  13. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Welcome back WW!

wonderwoman and JudeMorrigan like this.
  14. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Engagement photoshoot this weekend! So excited!!!

wonderwoman likes this.
  15. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

^ That is exciting.

Thanks for the welcomes back, all.

16. Cal

Cal Active Member

I had an Alexander Technique session tonight, and my teacher says that she can tell the my neck is loosening up, and she gave me some extra things to work on to keep my back engaged and my shoulders down. Slowly, slowly things are improving.

j_alexandra likes this.
  17. Sania

Sania Active Member

I've had a lot of improvement with Feldenkrais - possibly another resource to consider. It also helped my body awareness with regard to dance (not why I went but an unexpected bonus)

j_alexandra likes this.
  18. Lioness

You bet it is! I've been reading/rereading the series since I was 14.

19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Is it being "broadcast" on AUS cable, or are you, uh...finding other ways to watch it?

20. Lioness

Cable is way too expensive, even if it was being broadcast there. I'm enthusiastically sailing the high seas.

Joe and mindputtee like this.