Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

2. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

3. Cal

Cal Active Member

A friend picked up her ballgown from the dressmaker yesterday (it looks wonderful), and told me that the fabric for my dress had just arrived and she and the dressmaker were oohing and aahing over it.
    dancelvr likes this.
  4. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I'm meeting with my new dressmaker for the first time tomorrow. I can't wait to show her my fabrics, and discuss my ideas with her. :)
    j_alexandra likes this.
  5. Cal

Cal Active Member

I'm now able to get my head back into a hairdresser's sink, so after about 6 inches or so of outgrowth, I FINALLY had my hair colored again today. And my hairdresser confirmed that, after my hair-thinning episode, there is new growth coming in again, particularly on the crown of my head. I'm not one who typically gets vain about my appearance, but even I've got to admit to myself that IS a pick-me-up to look in the mirror and know that I don't look drab.
    cornutt and dancelvr like this.
  6. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Finally tamed my sewing machine.

For a while there it was jamming up underneath the fabric and getting stuck. It's still bending/breaking needles occasionally and skipping stitches like crazy, but it's functional. It may have been the elastic I was using bc I had no issues with just plain fabric.

Either way, I've pretty much finished latin dress for friend! Just gotta do the stoning :-D
  7. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Nice! I still need to sew up my whole costume for a dance comp at the end of September....this is about to be interesting.
  8. Lioness

Cat came home after being missing for three days, and I got accepted to a Masters of Social Work degree at my first preferenced uni! Today's been a good day.
    chachachacat, Sania, dancelvr and 6 others like this.
  9. stash

stash Well-Known Member

My man made me breakfast this morning :)
  10. Lioness

Have a job interview today for a pub near work. The staff kept coming through and saying I should apply, so I did, and yay.

Hopefully I can manage both jobs, and then I can afford to take dance lessons again.
    stash likes this.
  11. Lioness

Got the job! Hopefully I start next week. Keen for extra money.
  12. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Friday! Lake! Bye!
    j_alexandra and fascination like this.
  13. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Did you know that if you leave a banana in a really hot car, it turns black? :eek: :oops:
    j_alexandra and cornutt like this.
  14. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

uh...yes
    j_alexandra likes this.
  15. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

Must remember to leave a batch of cookie dough in my car.
    nikkitta likes this.
  16. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Cocktail onions. A revelation. I could skip the cocktails and just eat the onions!

That is all.
    j_alexandra likes this.
  17. Cal

Cal Active Member

I didn't realize that I have an "account" with my car dealership and that there was a credit in it - so my oil change today was at no charge.
  18. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

New practice dress
    ocean-daughter likes this.
  19. stash

stash Well-Known Member

A couple for my last photo project as a college student. This will be an awesome semester.
  20. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Active Member

My gym has a yoga studio with a floating floor. They're letting me and my amateur partner have our practice sessions on it whenever there isn't something scheduled, as long as we do it in advance.

It's less than a 2 mile drive from my house and a 1 mile drive from my partner's, so it's beyond convenient. :cool: