Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

And the multitude of children/siblings and other acolytes, they that bear chalices that brimmeth with Ovaltine.

2. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Okay, is Ovaltine like hot chocolate? I've seen it in stores here...

3. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Yup! It's more nutritious and less addictive than coffee.

4. elisedance

elisedance New Member

speaking of, how did the interview go?? (sorry if I missed it elsewhere...)

5. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Well, had I added "Brazilian" in there, you probably would have thought you had written it yourself :).

6. mamboqueen

I've never had Ovaltine hot; more like chocolate milk to me.

7. Firsttime Dancer

Firsttime Dancer New Member

DH informed me after watching Cha Cha video's that it should be "really simple" as it is 1 2 change step march....

What can you say about the military???!!!:rolleyes:

8. mamboqueen

I bet he takes real good care of his shoes, too ;)!

9. Firsttime Dancer

Firsttime Dancer New Member

And mine!! BONUS!!!:cheers::applause:

10. Twilight_Elena

I can't stop listening to Stevie Wonder's "Ribbon in the Sky". It's so rhythmical.

T_E

11. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Does anyone want a cat or two? Very soft gray one, ~15/16 pounds. Silky brown tabby one w/ white, ~16/17 pounds. Very cuddly! Will pay to ship!

Dear god mine are driving me up a friggin' wall this morning. The gray one keeps getting stuck to things again, but won't let us clip his claws. He's gotten stuck to the carpet, the curtains, the mouse pad, my clothes, the blankets on the bed... The other one seems to be unusually chipper (maybe it's the cold air?), and the two of them together...oy!

Love them dearly, but good grief!

12. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Ha, I can believe that. Went to p arents after the memorial service yesterday and dthe dogs were extra insane, esp. the two youngest ones. I love animals, but some days.

Course, I still prefer animals too human children. :)

13. Peaches

Heh...yeah, me too.

Just checked the thermostat...~58 in the house...woo-hooo!!! (Maybe they're just trying to keep warm.)

14. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Was yesterday nutty cat day or something? Lifted our male orange cat off the table and his back claw shot out and scratched my face - 3 minutes before the first guests arrived to the party. Did I look a sight with blood welling along the (fortuantely) shallow line from outside my eye down to mid cheek. Of course, lucki it was not 1 inch to the left...

15. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Me! I want cats!! I haven't gotten a new one yet, and I miss my lil' lovebug!
    Send them to me.

16. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Mine is like that...she rarely if ever lets me clip her claws...so I take her to the vet and make THEM do it. And she does FINE with them! Go figure! And it only cost like $15(or free if I take her for a bath)! Silly cat...she hates going to the vet but doesnt understand when I try to tell her that if she'd let ME bathe her and cut her nails, she wouldnt HAVE to go. I need to learn to speak cat....

17. Twilight_Elena

Mood: meh. Not sure what music to listen to. Jumping from moody ballads to juicy sexy love songs to reggaeton to Loreena McKennit... Can't function without some sort of background music.

T_E

18. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

You like keeping the house that chilly?

19. Peaches

Sort of.

It's less a question of keeping the house that chilly, than it is liking to have the windows open and feeling the various seasons. We kept the windows open for most of the summer as well, only closing them and turning on the AC when it got really really bad (maybe 2 weeks, total, throughout the summer). Now, I'm enjoying the fall weather, and part of that is chilly nights and mornings. We just pile the blankets on the bed and snuggle.

But even in winter when we finally close the windows and turn the heat on we don't keep it too much warmer--maybe 65-ish.

It's just a matter of working indoors in climate control all the freakin' time, and when we get home we like to have a breeze, and fresh air, and to feel the weather.

20. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

brrrr! I actually keep the house at 65, just because I cannot abide heating up the whole big house for one person. And when doing things and moving around that's just fine. But if I am sedentary in my study or somewhere else I turn on a portable heater.