Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Completely random thought: Our team's female coach was wearing Latin trousers and a tight turtleneck the other day. She looked very stylish. I wonder what brand sells Latin trousers for ladies. They even had that silk line that men's Latin trousers have. Very nice.

T_E

2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I got to interview Helio Castroneves on Friday. It seemed like, from all of the reporters present, he got more dance questions than racing questions. :confused: He demonstrated a VW routine he is learning, using a track employee as his partner. I asked him if his team owner, Roger Penske, had seen him dance yet. He said, "October 22". (Racing fans who know something about Roger Penske will realize that this is a big deal.) Julianne wasn't there. I asked him some racing questions too. :D I'll post a photo later.

I also got to speak to Danica Patrick, Scott Dixon, Dan Wheldon, and Marco Andretti. I overheard another reporter ask Danica if she had thought about DWTS, and whether she'd do it. She replied, "Yes, and... uh, no." :rolleyes:

3. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Ick! Can't stand that song. For the longest time, my practice schedule coincided with that of a wedding couple...

4. elisedance

elisedance New Member

TC: so was the aversion due to the dancing or to the association with 'wedding'.. :p

5. Terpsichorean Clod

To the song being played over and over and over...

6. Terpsichorean Clod

I refuse to marry anyone who might even entertain the possibility of that as a wedding dance song. There's something for me to add to my list when screening people.

7. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Maybe the first question! Better still, you could post it on your T-shirt: If you like the following songs I will not marry you. hte list them in very small print for an interesting evening..... :p:)

8. Terpsichorean Clod

"If you can read this, then we are dancing nightclub 2-step, and you are too close. Also, I am not going to marry you."

9. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Could be a big hit. Maybe you need something more positive too?

If you have danced with me for over an hour and did not notice this text we must be doing a dynamite waltz and...will you marry me?

I'd definitely give that a 'yes'

10. Terpsichorean Clod

<lol>

On the right sleeve: "If you can read this, will you marry me?"

11. elisedance

elisedance New Member

A little desperate eh? Value yourself a bit more:
    If you can read this without drooling, will you marry me?"

12. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

I am soooo staying out of this one....

13. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Are we to take it you either can't read or you drool? :p:evil:

14. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

*grin* have decided that I could get myself in waaay too much trouble with this one.

15. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

As I get ready for a formation dance routine (WCS at the US Open), I keep thinking of the dole-line scene in "The Full Monty" where the song they're practicing to comes on the muzak PA and the guy watches his fellow "dancers" doing some of their footwork without even realizing it. When the music plays while we're not practicing, I see my fellow performers unconsciously going through some of the moves.

Personally, I have absolutely no idea what that song you're talking about is like. I stopped following popular music circa 1972; I just dance to whatever's playing with no idea what it is -- except for Lindy, of course.

16. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I particularly loved that scene, too.

Congrats, DW, on doing a formation dance at the US Open! Way to go, D!

:applause: You have come a long way in your dancing.

17. Terpsichorean Clod

Good luck with your performance!
    I envy you. ;)

18. Terpsichorean Clod

Keep your head level. That should keep the drool in your mouth, as well as make it easier for you to read. Unless you're one of those people who can drool out of both corners of the mouth...

19. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Hey, as random thoughts go (staying within thread), this one is a star.:applause:

20. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Well, we'll have to see.

It's my first time performing at all. So far, I'm too busy with everything else (keeping a tight schedule of rushing from work to dance classes every day of the week) to have started to think about performing -- everybody else is getting nervous and I'm deceptively calm so far because I don't have time to think about it. I only came in about 7 weeks ago and have just gone through the entire routine for the first time. And my partner has only been with us for about 3 or 4 weeks. Now while we're trying to get the routine down, the team is working on the final styling and timing. I am not a theist, but the Shepard prayer keeps coming to me: Oh please don't let me frak this up.

BTW, I do appreciate the encouragement. Thank you.