Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Yes, well, my radio listening and my big-band and salsa CDs transfered onto iPod is all I hear. On the radio, it's KUSI (the only "classical" station still in LA), KRTH (mainly 60's and 70's rock), Jack-FM (most of which I have no idea what's playing and which I tune out almost as quickly as I tune out sports -- I sure do miss ARRO and K-Eagle, whose mural in San Diego got painted-over years ago), and Sonido and Super-Estrella for salsa and Rock en Español.
    ¡No hay nada en la radio!

Though they're playing Corazon espinado again. Esa mujer, me está matando ... Como me duele.
  2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Beats Foreigner's "Feels Like the First Time". Yes, I once attended a wedding where this was used as the processional music. :rolleyes:
  3. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Can someone out there in the Void please, for the love of god, have a very strong drink on my behalf?! I'd do it myself (and would dearly love to right about now) but can't b/c I'm at work.

Sometimes...some days (like when I miss my train on a Monday morning)...I should know better than to even try. Should have just crawled back under the blankets this morning.

Eesh.
  4. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

TC, I'm really sorry for your traumatic experience. :p Still. I like the song.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

happy to oblige:together:
  6. Peaches

Heh...

My mom is staying with us for a couple of nights (and to be fair in the wake of the recent in-law "scare," I offered DH the option of staying elsewhere). She's home now, alone, and I think she's bored. She just called and asked if there's anything around the house she could do for us.

Unfortunately, we cleaned before she got there, so that eliminates cleaning as a possible answer. I suggested she look after the plants, but there's only two of them, so that won't take long. (And they're still alive, so what all could she do with them anyway?) I'm tempted to ask her to get dinner started, but that just seems rude.

Why is it that when I have someone I trust offering to do things around the house that I can't think of anything? lol.

Hmmm...I suppose I could ask her to clean the cats' nose prints off the windows...that would keep her occupied for a bit... Problem is, the cleaning supplies are in our bathroom...and I don't much fancy her going into our bedroom and bathroom w/o "parent-proofing" it first.
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

have her cook for you...or shop
  8. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Caught the darn critter in my attic. Hope that it is the only one. What I do is check only once every day which ensures that the thing is dead. That way I don't need to worry about releasing and it coming back. I gave the shed to them and they came into my house. Now it's all out war! I'm taking the shed back as well.
  9. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

That's what you get for trying to play fair with critters!

Best of luck - show them who's boss!
  10. Twilight_Elena

It's 2am but I really don't want to go to sleep AGAIN. I'm so tired of sleeping all the time. Bleh. Such a waste of time! Instead I will write yet another lab report (YAWN) and moisturize my poor hands again because they feel like sandpaper. Don't ask me why, I've been pretty much soaking them in moisturizers. Silly hands.
    I want to eat. A steak would be nice. Oooh, and a basket of potatoes! Oh MAN do I miss TGI Fridays. I'm sorely tempted to grab a friend and go to Covent Garden just for that.
  11. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

Have her bury the cat. That should keep her occupied for about four hours.
  12. Peaches

Noooooo!!!! I love my kitties!!! And they provide so much entertainment. I have "conversations" with them, they're always fun to insult, it's wonderful b/c if I "kick" them (no, we don't actually kick our cats...we tap *very lightly* with our toes) they'll meow. Well, one will meow without fail (the trick is getting him to be quiet)...we're trying to get the other one to speak. And it's fun to put them in the empty laundry basket and carry it around--especially stairs.
  13. Rugby

Rugby Member

There seems to be a lot of cat owner / lovers on this site, myself included.
  14. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I am extremely happy! I didn't realize that my dance instructor had called my cell phone since mine is not working correctly (hoping to get a new one tomorrow), so I called and set up a lesson for tomorrow on my one day off! I'm so looking forward to dancing again. I need exercise. You don't get any exercise sitting in front of a computer all day. In fact, he won't be happy my posture is probably worse than it was when I left him awhile back!!! Oh well. Now... hopefully I'll remember the steps. I haven't forgotten my Waltz routine, but... that doesn't mean I'll do it right this time around. Either way, I'm looking forward to it! Wohoo! ;)
  15. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Count me in - there is an exceedingly large black/white one hovering on the back of the sofa about to decend on my lap - so I have to type fast since there is no room for the cat and the computer..... Oh, by the way, the orange one, who is careful to sit next to you and share, just left. Oh, oh... got to hit.... submit......
  16. Twilight_Elena

Went grocery shopping. Oh, the joy of having food in your kitchen! Endless possibilities beyond plain pasta! :D Just cooked a great omelet with some pita bread on the side and a baguette sandwich with Milanese salami and mozzarella (okay, that I didn't really need to eat, but I've got team practice so I need all my strength :p). *sigh* Life is good when you've got groceries.
  17. Sagitta

Just turned in my sign-up sheet for a winter csa - organic veggies from jan-mar of next year. This makes organic veggies for 9 out of 12 months for 300 dollars! How sweet is that! :)
  18. Sagitta

I'll agree about the food part. Lots of great stuff, and even better when you can get organic at a resaonable price - equivalent to regular conventiional produce. :)
  19. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

LMAO! Just like having kids around! :raisebro:
  20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

someone found my recipe blog, made a live soup, took a picture of it, stuck it in her signature on another forum with a thank you for the recipe... now if that just ain't all get-out... totally tickled... :D