Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

CONGRATULATIONS Sam!!! Care to share the details?

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

thanks luce! very cool thing... interviewed for one position but they hired me for something much more senior... will be grooming me to take over my supervisor's position as head of the department when he retires soon. will start off managing projects for them for two different pharma companies, working part of the time in PA and part of the time in Manhattan... and will be mentoring their more junior staff. really, quite an awesome opportunity. interviews must've gone well, i think. lol...

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

best of all... money will be available for competing regularly...

4. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Is it the Burj Al Arab hotel? With rooms starting at $1,000/night, I'd hope they have an hourly rate. ;)

5. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

FTFY ;)

Congrats, samina!! :banana:

6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Um, yeah, that's the one. Give that I'm talking about going with my brother...no interest in an hourly rate.

7. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Sam!!!!

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

thanks guys. :)

9. LucyDiamond

EXCELLENT!!! Sounds like this is an employee position rather than a contract position.

That's the best part!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

it was originally going to be a direct employee situation (my first), but because they're bringing me in at a senior level we decided to ease into first -- try each other out for six months. less risk on both sides. and better for me financially that way... :D

all happened so easily... am quite tickled. really good company... solid, dependable, well-respected, and they know their stuff.

of course, i'm already penciling comps into my calendar... heh.
    decided this morning to go to vegas in december for the holiday classic... very psyched!!! :D :D

11. LucyDiamond

Very Cool!!! Las Vegas sounds like a blast.

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i think so. and three of my instructor's students are going, so it's going to be extra festive!

13. LucyDiamond

Cool!

My pro & I are doing our new showcase at the Nov. 9 FADS competition up in Mahwah. After that we'll planning on entering more in March at Atlantic City. I just need to decide if I want to compete Standard or Smooth or both in March. :wink:

14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

"or both" sounds good! heh... ;)

15. LucyDiamond

That's what my pro's partner said... :wink:

16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

meh... it's only money... lol

17. LucyDiamond

For me, it's more than money. Can I get competition ready in both standard and smooth plus my showcase with only 1 lesson a week by March. I'm not sure when I'd fit another lesson in each week to make it 2 so, I also have time constraints. But, I'm sure I'll figure it out... :wink:

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i understand. only so much time as well... :sigh:... choices, choices.

19. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

samina....congrats! Hope to see you in Las Vegas!

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

thanks, LG! seems like a bunch of DFers will be there!