Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I'm running out of Leukoplast tape. I've had my current roll for ages and when I danced a lot or was breaking in shoes it really came in handy. Now, after having had a break of a couple of months from hardcore practice, my feet have gotten softer and i have to use lots of tape again till they harden up. But I'm not sure they have my brand in any drugstore here...

2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Am having trouble buckling back down to get ready for next major comp. Need to figure out what to focus and and go for it!

3. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Procrastinating...

4. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

My landlord finally replaced my mildewy/moldy/smelly carpet! Yaaaaay!

The water heater soaked (really soaked - as in, step on the carpet and a puddle forms around your foot soaked) most of the carpet last spring, then the house was shut up while I was gone all summer, and when I came back . . . ewww.

So now my house reeks of new carpet, which I'll take any day over the previous stench.

5. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Going on a walking tour Sunday that includes walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. It's supposed to be great weather Sunday in NYC so am really excited to be doing this as walking across the bridge is something I've wanted to do for quite awhile now.

6. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Had my hair done - its all curly and gorgeous (for one day at least!!).

7. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Thank you! I did have a wonderful time! I really enjoy his company, and I don't feel nervous at all around him. And it was nice due to the fact that I haven't felt very pretty in a long time, and I did with him for the first time in a long time last night. I keep thinking that I owe him, because I don't know if it were a date or not. Although, he did call me his baby up on stage when he sung to me, and he did call me his girlfriend in front of his dad. Either way, I'm sure things will fall into place the way that they should. I'm not going to push it any.

Samina - Thank you! ;)

8. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

TE -What is leukoplast tape??

9. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Happy thought: This Tuesday's episode of Beauty and the Geek just got posted on the CWTV website. :banana:

10. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Good morning all. The sun is out and I'm already feeling more chipper than during yesterday's gray. :)

11. Twilight_Elena

There are many brands of it (we have Leukoplast back home, so we sort of call every tape leukoplast). Here's a pic:
    [​IMG]

I found something similar at Boots. Happy. :D

12. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Happy AND random thought: teaching groups of adults is not at all like teaching groups of children. It's not easier. It's not easy, full stop. Definitely got two types--the ones who think they're way ahead, and the ones who need a confidence boost. And yet, they're listening to me and they don't seem to think I'm a total idiot. Yays.

FUNNY thought: I am hearing things come out of my mouth as I teach that I know I have heard before. It could be a mix and match game of things I hear in the studio from different instructors. Things like "Eyes up! There are no dollar bills down there." (To students studying their toes.) "This is good. This is very good." (When I'm surprised by them actually getting it. How I'd love to say that more often.) "So we go..." (To start off whatever I just demonstrated.) "Let's learn to walk before we learn to run, hm?" (One-foot spins in one lesson? I think not.) "Oh. My. Goodness." (Translation: Perhaps I shall quit this job and take up something less stressful, like unexploded ordinance disposal.)

13. MissBallroomBear

MissBallroomBear Active Member

Happy/Random thought: I'm a vegetarian so I have to have a blood test every few years to make sure I have everything I need. Just got the results back and I'm a happy, healthy vegetarian!

14. MissBallroomBear

MissBallroomBear Active Member

Random thought: I've discovered this wonderful thing called ebay! :p

15. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Look out. Remember--SELLING, good. Buying...way too addictive. (I had to unsub myself from a favorite seller e-mail update because EVERY time I'd see something and start thinking you know, it's not THAT expensive...)

16. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I'm not sure where to put this. I don't think it's a whine but more like a random thought. But anyways, for those involved with the conversation that I had about the married man asking me out to dance with him, well... he was completely upset that I went out with another guy from work, and tried to make it into a big deal in front of the manager. Of course, I talked with the guy that I went to the club with, and he thinks that the married guy should focus on his marriage and to leave us alone. I had to tell him so he knew what was going on, and why this guy was causing a big stir. I agree with him.

The guy I went to the club with treated me like a Queen. He was a perfect gentleman. If I got any weird feelings from him, I would not give him a second look. But I did not. He's told me about his life. I can accept the fact that he was married before and has a couple of kids. Things like that don't bother me. What I want more than anything is a guy that treats me nice and that doesn't have an ego. What I'm seeing from the other guys is that they are trying to control who I go out with, because their egos might have been bruised knowing that I said yes to him, and that sends a red flag to me.

But the funny thing is, the women are loving it all whereas ... in the past... usually it's the women that like to cause a stir (I just mean in my past, it's not a generalization). They like the two of us, and are very supportive. I was surprised. One of them even told me that if the guys get onto me about it to tell them to shut up and get on with their lives. Of course, it's better sometimes not to say anything at all. But the one married guy did go on and on and on until I finally said to him that you know, you were the kid that tended to get beat up, because you always told on people, and that's why you never got to go any place. That pretty much shut his trap. I was surprised I said it, but everyone actually agreed with me (including the manager). But he was getting out of hand though. She eventually turned him around and told him to hush. It was kind of funny.

And if I were in any other department, telling someone off would have been a bad thing to do. But you have to be tough with the kind of job that I do, or people will walk all over you. In fact, earlier I was told that I was tooo nice lol. So, that might have proved them wrong. I will stand up for myself when I feel the need too. But what's even funnier about it was that I told the guy what happened that I was interested in and he just busted out laughing, because he wasn't around for that.

So, I guess I know now why the married guy asked me to dance. I mean if he got that upset over the two of us going out to a club, then he obviously had feelings for me right? I mean why get so upset otherwise?

17. meow

meow New Member

Good story SP. Hope things work out.

More a random occurance than thought = sleep. A happy thought if it occurred = sleep.
    Yes, I have been on thr IRU thread but no-one is around.

18. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Thank you! I hope things work out for me too! I told my mom about the other night, and she said that she's never had anyone sing to her like that before! My mom says that she feels good about this guy. I'm not sure why but I do too. But she says that she thinks he'll be around for a long time. My mom has never said this about the other guys I have dated. So, I know she can't wait to meet him. But that won't be for awhile yet though. I want to make sure we get past the beginning stage and everything else first. Although, since I have already met a majority of his family, then maybe the rules can change on that one?

I can tell my body is on overdrive. I slept all day today, because I work everyday for the next couple of weeks. And my body all the sudden felt like a big weight was lifted off me as soon as I was able to calm down and actually sleep for once. But working two jobs is hard with that you have to keep going no matter what. My mom told me not to push myself to much today since now it looks like I might have a social life of some kind and dance. But... I like keeping busy and knowing that I'm contributing something. The only problem with this is that I'm waiting for the big let down. It seems with me that when so many things go right that something is bound to go wrong. I shouldn't think this probably I know, but this has helped me in the long haul, so I don't become as hurt as I could have been. Oh well.

19. Twilight_Elena

Just came back from Leicester. Had a very good time. :D And I have a free week now (reading week!) so I'll just be dancing and goofing around. My lessons are really too easy, I think I wrote a 100% at my last test.
    My dressmaker contacted me about the Yulia-inspired dress (does anyone actually remember what I'm talking about?) and it will be a bit pricey because the applique is not easy to sew on mesh fabric. It's not unreasonably priced, but I'm always so scared when making dresses - will it look good or will it make me look fatter? etc. I guess I could sell it if it doesn't look good on me, and I think it is going to be a very nice dress so it will probably sell easily. Thoughts?

T_E

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

:snort:
    :)