Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

Was watching "Marie Antoinette" yesterday. My 12 year old hung around a bit, said it was boring, then said "The queen looks like an old crone". I pointed out that the queen at that point is not even 30. Then he said "That must be her hairdo". Nice way out.

2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

So, where in Leicester did you go (maybe you forgot/missed the earlier posts???).

3. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Lol... I meant to call one number, but called another. I don't know how it happened, but I had since taken that number off my contact list. Oh well. We get phone calls from people thinking that we are the radio station, so I do my best not to call the wrong number, but that's what I get for not updating my contact list and being in a hurry lol.

4. meow

meow New Member

finally caught up with new friend over the phone.

5. elisedance

elisedance New Member

what a coincidence - so did I...

6. MissBallroomBear

MissBallroomBear Active Member

Aha! I have found life in happy/random thoughts land.. how are you ED?

Just got home from dancing.. I'm kaput! (How do you spell that?)

7. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

kaput looks right... ;-)

8. MissBallroomBear

Cheers! :D

9. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Pretty good - but working for a living does impact the important stuff...

Aaaaaaany way you like, I think we understand! :)

10. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Near Leicester Uni, in my friends halls of residence.

11. meow

meow New Member

Really? Gee, the world continually amazes me!!;)

12. elisedance

elisedance New Member

13. Twilight_Elena

My connection is so funny. Speed just waxes and wanes. *shrug*

14. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Are we talking computers or new partner? :p

15. Twilight_Elena

Computers, m' dear. :p

16. Twilight_Elena

I was never the calorie counting gal. I found it sort of silly, to tell you the truth. But I have gained a couple of kgs in the past month, even though I dance and eat reasonably. So I looked around, found my daily calorie intake (around 2200, methinks).
    Then I looked at Starbucks' nutritional guide. I will admit I splurged on this guilty pleasure often in the mornings. It's expensive, sure, but... Gah. 448 calories in my hot chocolate and approx. another 400cals for my tiny Belgian chocolate cake (I couldn't find it in the menu). That's 800 calories right there. Which is roughly 36% of my daily calories, at best. Spent like this. :shock: I haven't even begin thinking of what I eat for lunch. Oh boy. Now I have two reasons to quit Starbucks.

T_E

17. Rugby

Rugby Member

The good thing about having gone back to school, though I have now graduated, is that you can't afford these guilty pleasures even if you wanted to.

18. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Some people are lucky and can eat what they want but for most of us dieting surely becomes just a part of life. For me the best way to handle it is to avoid tempatation as much as possible. That means as far as possible not buying fattening foods so that I don't have to avoid them and most important avoiding fattening places. I am, of course, susceptible to temptatation :) but it really has beocme a lifestyle, and - combined with the dancing - I think a pretty healthy one. Your seemingly harmless morning hot chocolate/chocolate cake has two consequences, first, its a lot of calories and fat (which goes straigh\t into storage) and second, you missed an oportunity to to eat good food which has to be made up at some point (meaning also more calories). If you look around I am sure you can find a place to drop in for something nutritive that will actually be just as satisfying - it takes real effort though to change the habbit.

19. MissBallroomBear

I was sitting here reading EDs comment and thinking I've got pretty good self control. I hardly ever eat fatty foods. It then occured to me that I had just finished a block of chocolate!:p

20. elisedance

elisedance New Member

chocolate is a staple, dear, not a fat or anything else. It doesn't count.

really [This fact dates back to the day Walter Raleigh arrived back in England carrying Belgian chocloates from the Americas (he must have stopped in Europe on the way home to rustle them up from his cocao beans) which he gave to Queen Elizabeth who consumed them on the day giving rise to the key date in world history, known generally as the 'Women's compact' (or say a-n-y-y-h-i-n-g and I chop off your head). Inded, I think its the only key date that hasn't got a war associated with it. By the way, later Walter dear commented that so much chocolate was making the queen less than yar - and you know what happened next.]