Happy and or Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Swing Kitten, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Agreed, nail polish is weird...but at least it's named accordingly.

Tattoos...yes, weird, but I wouldn't trade mine in for anything. :wink:

2. dancersdreamland

Huh...very interesting.

3. will35

will35 New Member

I also have a tattoo. I don't regret it, but I still wonder why I had it done.

4. dancersdreamland

Too true...too true!

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I'm getting a tattoo, a scorpion. (I'm NOT a scorpio :D ) As soon as I find a tattoo artist that for sure doesn't share needles or ink.

6. dancersdreamland

We are having butterflies as a reoccuring theme at our wedding next fall. We have been searching for a related reading from a children's book. I think I'll have to find this book and see what it has to say. Thanks for the unintentional tip!!! :D

7. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I think you'll really fall in love with it once you read it...

Please let me know what you think after you read it.

8. dancersdreamland

I defintaley will...I'll run out tomorrow during my lunch break and see if I can find it. Do you know who the author is????

9. dancersdreamland

Ooh...just found it on Amazon.com. It's by Tina Paulus and after reading a very short except...it sounds like my kind of book. Can't wait to get it.

Has anyone ever read anything by SARK. She's fantastic and I highly recommend her!!!

10. pygmalion

Random thought: I have never posted a single thing in dance-forums without later discovering a silly typo. :cry: Even when I proofread. :?

11. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

LOL. I'm cnostatnly eiditing my psots for splelning erorrs.

12. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

you're great Steph

13. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Hence the incomparable virtues of the all-mighty "edit" button! :lol:

14. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Hi dd,
    You mentioned wedding and butterflies in the same response, which reminded of a wedding that I went to this summer. Nearly 400 invited guests were given a small 2 inch by 2 inch box as they entered the wedding area - outside wedding of course!

As the couple was pronounced "man and wife," each guest was to open their box. The time came, 400 boxes opened up releasing 400 butterflies! It was a thing of beauty!

15. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

That sounds awesome!

16. will35

will35 New Member

I found another word like traspie and strasthspey; traipse. I looked in an American dictionary and it says origin unknown. Someday I'll get to the bottom of this thing.

17. pygmalion

Random thought: why did I get the salsa freak september newsletter on October 10? Well ... at least the New Year's workshop is very reasonably priced. :lol:

18. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

Happy thought: I am off for the entire weekend with nothing to do but relax.

19. dancersdreamland

I had my tattoo done in memory of my best friend who was killed in a very tragic car accident on my 19th birthday. She loved the Disney character Goofy and actually had his face tattooed on her hip. Sometime after her passing I wanted to get a Goofy tattoo in her memory.

I researched the art of tattooing FOREVER until all my questions were answered, then I asked about a million more questions. Then I had to find the perfect image...HUNDREDS of online searching hours.

I finally decided on an image of Goofy where you're actually looking at his back. His hands are straight out in front of him, as though he's pushing up against something. Then, he's looking back over his shoulder.

Jeni (my friend who passed) always used to look out for me and "watch my back," so I placed this image of Goofy on the small of my back. Now he (Goofy as a tatto) and she (Jeni as an angle) are aways looking out for me and "watching my back." Jeni also would push me forward with encouragement...Goofy's hands push on my back as though encouraging me forward.

Just thought I'd share...

20. will35

will35 New Member

We had better warn Pygmalion that getting a tattoo is a little painful for a while afterward. Not something to do just for yucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.