Happy and or Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Swing Kitten, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

:lol: I don't know but I'm sure it's more economic!
  2. will35

will35 New Member

Here's a good one. I saw a little American flag a few days ago with a shiny gold sticker that read "Made In China."
  3. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

It's a sad sad day... that alone speaks volumes
  4. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

Happy/random thought: I'm at work, but I'm not actually working (hence I'm here). When I go home I get to cook dinner, go for a run, and then go dancing! YAY! It's so good to be me today. :D
  5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hey did anybody see the "It's good to be Kelly Ripa" show that came on in the past couple days? I missed it. She's just too perky for me. It would have been interesting to see how she lives, though. :?
  6. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

No, but I did happen to catch a bit of something like "A day in the life of...Britney Spears" YUCK :x I can't believe I even tuned into it for more than a few seconds, let alone 10 minutes. These things, they just pull you in. I really should get rid of my TV.
  7. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Random/Happy thoughts

1. I'm getting married in less than a year!!! (I've been waiting since Christmas 2001 to say that)

2. I belly dance tonight. By the way, pygmalion...how did your lesson go. I can't WAIT to hear from you.

3. I perform in Milwaukee in about two weeks...hooray!!!!
  8. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Everyone,
    With work the way it has been - the State and Federal budget screwing our funding up - and me just about living here at work trying to find funding for our office - my time at DF has been limited! Hopefully though, for not much longer . . . :?:

But I do log in several times a day, and one bright spot each and every day is this topic. I always read and keep up with it, chuckling all the while I'm reading, and then return back to work. However, the reality checks I just read helps to get me through another hour or two with a :) on my face.

Thanks to all of you who contribute.

Vince
  9. pygmalion

Random thought. I saw a rainbow the other day. It was almost vertical, and off to one side of the horizon. When I lived up north, rainbows were almost horizontal and across the whole horizon. And when I went to Africa, I saw a rainbow that was circular and almost directly overhead. I wonder why. :? 8)

And I wonder what other things we take for granted that are completely different somewhere else. Hmm.
  10. Sarah

Sarah New Member

D'ya really want to know?

Rainbows form when sunlight is refracted through raindrops at a paticular angle, which results in the rainbow being a circle around the anti-solar point. If you imagine yourself to be at the centre of a sphere the anti-solar point is the point on that sphere opposite where the sun is. Point a stick at the sun - the other end of the stick points at the centre of the rainbow. Because the Earth isn't see-through the Sun has to be above the horizon to make a rainbow, so the centre point is below the horizon, so you only ever see part of the rainbow. I'm guessing that you saw your vertical rainbow near sunset, when both the sun and the centre point of the rainbow were near the horizon.

Ice crystals about 20km high in the atmosphere also refract light, but at different angles, forming different (and rarer) arcs and halos in rainbow colours around the sun and around the zenith. (Can you tell I love this stuff?)

http://www.sundog.clara.co.uk/resource/intro.htm
    Looks like a fairly accessable website - googling for `rainbow' is hopeless

Cheers
    Sarah
  11. pygmalion

Thanks Sarah. :D Yes, I really wanted to know.

Just for the record, I LOVE dance forums! :D
  12. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

Why did the turtle cross the road?

To get to the shell station. :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I realize it's a bit corny, but I have a friend who loves turtles so it sort of struck me.)
  13. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Another "corny" shell-related tidbit . . .

There were 142 Iraqis,
    Fighting 154 Iranians,
    For 69 days,
    Over 5 miles of land . . .

Wanna know what they were fighting over???

On a calculator . . . punch in those numbers: 14215469 X 5 =

Turn your calculator upside down to read the answer . . .
  14. dancergal

dancergal New Member

I couldn't turn my calculator in my computer upside down, (it was too heavy) so I had to write it down. It still worked! :D
  15. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

I LOVE garlic salt and curry powder!!

They will always be in my kitchen... even if I don't have anything to put them on right away... oh so good!!

I actually cooked today... thus my re-appreciation. I seldom make the opportunity but it was nice!
  16. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I just got evicted from lunch!

I was at the nearest Souplantation with a friend when the police came by to evacuate the resteraunt because one of the San Diego fires was starting to head our way...
  17. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

At least it wasn't personal!

... I hope everything gets under control very soon! I'd let you have some of our snow if I could.... believe me!
  18. SDsalsaguy

That's true... a personal eviction would have been a bit less palatable. :lol:
  19. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

Especially for Souplantation!! I hear it's wonderful!
  20. SDsalsaguy

It is, it is!

Ummm, random thought... what are they going to do with all the food that was out when we all got booted out? I figure it'll probably go to waste anyway, so why didn't they just give me a big tray of the pumpkin raisin muffins to take home with me??? Mmm-mmm good!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.