Happy International Talk like a Pirate Day...

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by flashdance, Sep 18, 2008.

1. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Ain't the year gone quick?! It's this Sunday folks ;) yar...

2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Avast! Talk Like A Pirate Day just peeked above the horizon!

3. leftthebuilding

leftthebuilding New Member

Oh, I LOVE pirates :D . But only those ones who are kind and looks as awesome as Johnny Depp, LOL...

Shame I do not understand any pirate talk, sniff... There goes my chance with Johnny Depp... I would cut his beard when he sleep but damn I love his eyes!

4. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

AAAARGH YUR SCURvy swabs; I'll keel'aul ye as soon as look at ye,

ahn where is the hornpipe and shanty thread?

and dancing with a wooden leg and eye-patch forum....?

5. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Oh, we think the same way...I'm not fussy, whether pirate or not. And here he has a guitar.

I like guitars. With boys.

Ahem, anyway.

Aye! Pirate day! Avast, ye landlubbers...

I'm not so great at that...I'm setting Facebook to "Pirate" though, for the occasion.

6. leftthebuilding

leftthebuilding New Member

LoL Lioness :p ... I like black long hair with man ... Or without man.. I would marry bunch of hair if someone nicely donate it for me.. (And here comes address of my po box, LOL)

I cannot send pics yet, I already tried to send pirate eyes to this thread, LOL

Back to topic

"Ya trash face, swing your sword and let the sun dance on it"
    ( I do not know how to say it on pirate language... )

7. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Lol...I'm not a fan of long hair on guys. But for him I make an exception. Generally prefer him with shorter hair though.

But yes, back on topic, and away from the "Johnny Depp talk like a pirate day" thread.

For pirate language, this may be of help to people.

Now, where can I find a bottle of rum?

8. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Today's ye day, yar!

[​IMG]

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!

10. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

Shiver me timbers! Snuck up on me it did!

11. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

It'll be the plank for ye, matey!

12. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Yarr it be that time o'the year again me hearties (I would make a carp pirate :lol: )

13. pygmalion

Arrrrrrrr. (Just warming up. :wink: )

14. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

Hoist the main sails lads and lasses! Pour a mug o' grog, and sing of the open seas. It be that time of year again. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

15. pygmalion

My coworkers and I had a blast with this today. Thanks for the reminder, sub. :)

16. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Alright! Hand over all your CDs and DVDs so's I can copy them all!

And perhaps the best pirate line for a dance class comes from "The Pirates of Penzance":
    "Men! Man your women!"

17. pygmalion

You are so silly!

18. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Now that that day is past, I can reveal the source. My friend has read a number of books by Alexander McCall Smith, the author of The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. One book, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/44_Scotland_Street]44 Scotland Street[/url], included (as I recall from her telling of it) the adventures of a female anthropologist who was researching South China Sea pirates. She found a South China Sea pirate community and entered into it and became a part of the community, as anthropologists will do in order to research those communities. They would make mention of their pirate activities, but never offered any details, apparently because she was not yet completely trusted. Then she caught wind of that the men were preparing to depart on a pirating expedition. She followed the men's boats to a remote island and observed them entering into a building. She crept up to that building, up to one of its windows, and raised herself up to peer inside and ... that installment of the story ended. And it was several installments later that the readers finally learned of her fate. The piracy that that community engaged in was the illegal copying of CDs and DVDs.

Now let us await 25 May, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Towel_day']Towel Day[/URL]. Do you know where your towel is?

19. pygmalion

I'm all for equal opportunity piracy. *grin*

As far as May 25, as you've known for years, D, I am a poor, towel-less waif. Perhaps it would behoove me to get my act together before spring. I'll get right on it.