Has anyone lost weight dancing?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by MissyK, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Gumby

Gumby New Member

I lost 50 pounds about three years ago - mostly through dancing but also dieting. I still need to lose about 20 lbs but I am just happy to have keep the weight off. I'm having problems with the last twenty due to a combination of a crazy schedule that keeps me from planning meals and a metabolism which works best if I eat often. So at present I am eating the wrong things at the wrong time and wondering why its not working. Sigh. On the other hand, people keep asking me if I have lost weight cause my dancing just keeps improving how my body looks so not all bad.

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I lost about 10 pounds and it has stayed off. :wink: :)

3. LXC

LXC New Member

Am I the only one who hasn't lost any weight dancing? :cry: Can you lose weight without any supplemental workout or weight-training in addition to the dance practice? I feel like I'm working harder and harder in practice but it's not showing any effect on my measurement; in fact I just gained a few pounds and half an inch in waist.

4. setsuna713

setsuna713 New Member

I only lost a little bit of weight when I started dancing... less than 5 pounds. But I had a lot to loose (which makes it come off quicker) and was in dance class 4 times a week and social dancing at least 3 times a week. Since I started dancing though, I've started doing other things in order to make my dancing (and my appearance while dancing) better.

5. luh

luh Active Member

wow 50 lbs are a lot!
    congrats!
    luh

6. ratherbdancing

ratherbdancing New Member

I think I gained weight actually- all muscle but still!

7. lynn

lynn New Member

haven't seen any difference really, but i don't dance all that much, a couple of hrs per week, don't think that's enough exercise to lose any weight.

8. luh

luh Active Member

than there was probably not much too loose :D
    luh

9. ratherbdancing

ratherbdancing New Member

No there wasnt. :D

10. luh

luh Active Member

that's always good. :)
    luh

11. ThreeStep

ThreeStep New Member

Actually I've gained about 100 lbs since I started dancing.

Strangely enough, I feel like most that weight has gone into my right arm. Sometimes it's impossible to lift it any higher than my shoulder! Ack!

ThreeStep
    (of course, I jest! She's perfect)

12. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

You know, I just HAD to click on this JUSt to see ThreeStep's answer.... I knew it had to be a doozy....

13. luh

luh Active Member

as long as it's muscle and not fat..
    luh

14. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

Well, i guess you would loose weight since you are dancing, not eating or tempted to eat when in/around your kitchen.

15. Medira

Medira New Member

Thanks Luh! I haven't felt this great in years. :D

16. luh

luh Active Member

:bouncy: :bouncy: :cheers:
    I'm sure!
    luh

17. MissyK

MissyK New Member

Ahahaha ThreeStep you're hilarious!!! You're partner's only 100 lbs?!

Yeah, sometimes I feel bad for my partner because he's not a very big guy and he has to drag me around.

Anyway, my goal for the end of this month is to drop 4 lbs by dancing. I've already done 20 miles this month as well! [/quote]

18. Medira

Medira New Member

*happy dances*
    (_(_) (_|_) (_)_) (_|_) (((_(_) (((_|_))) (_)_))) (((((_|_)))))

:D :bouncy: :D :bouncy: :D

19. luh

luh Active Member

i never guessed from your avatar that you could loose 50 lbs. :D
    luh

20. macha

macha New Member

Yes, but not intentionally.