Has anyone lost weight dancing?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by MissyK, Aug 9, 2005.

1. alemana

alemana New Member

i lost weight, my nest egg and my mind. please write a story about me.

2. LACHopeful

LACHopeful New Member

I lost 20 lbs when I started and I still have like 20 lbs to go and I'm dancing but not dancing it off...does that count?

3. You dropped 140 lbs? Did you break up with your SO?

4. Medira

Medira New Member

Hee! Not at that time. (and that would have been about 190 lbs. :tongue:) I broke my back and started dancing after I learned how to walk again. I had *a lot* of weight to lose....

5. liangjz

liangjz New Member

30 lb in 3 months, but that was from lindy. Ballroom made me more tone than giving weight loss since I had already been a lindy dancer for 3 months.

I started weight lifting because of ballroom and never stopped.

That's awesome..

6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Didn't lose a lot of weight (about 15 lbs.), but I did use to have a lot of foot problems, which all cleared up when I started dancing.

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

what a story, medira! good for you...

8. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

wow! what an incredible and inspiring story! Good for you!!

9. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

lost about 45lbs. and went from a size 14 to a 6

10. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

:shock: :notworth: :raisebro:

11. danceislove

danceislove New Member

I've lost 40lbs in the last year (how long i've been dancing) and have gone from a very full size 16 to a 10/12. Doing nothing differently except dancing. I have much more to go!

12. misteria

misteria New Member

I am currently still recoversing after an accidednt. Lost over 30 pounds since mid October and went from size 20 to 14 :)
    Still a long way to go, but that's what I get after praciticing ballrom about 3 hours a day ;)

13. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Wow! All these stories are so inspiring! I am afraid to get back out there being about 20 pounds overweight, because I used to be SO skinny! I am afraid everyone will be judgemental. I have had people say, "you look so different" and it doesn't feel good.
    Also, I know I will feel different, and I'm rusty. My students used to call me a Ferrari because of my following. Now, I'm embarrased because I haven't danced in so long.
    I guess I should just stop worrying about what everyone will think, and dance for myself. For fun, for fulfillment, for exercise.
    Thanks, everyone!! :D

14. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Lost 17lbs... :oops:
    Feels very unimportant compared to all the other stories.

T_E

15. Anna

Anna New Member

Eh, didn't lose a pound. But it probably helped stave off the freshman 15 so I'm not complaining.

16. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

I lost about 15 pounds, 2 clothing sizes and toned up quite a bit...thought that was good until I read all of your stories. Way to go everyone!

Is it safe to assume though that we all are probably dancing much more each day/week than the average new social dancer? I would hate for someone to think that they can lose all that weight and transform their body by doing one or two group classes a week. Though you have to start somewhere...

17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

um...yes;)

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lord yes... more than the above-average social dancer, as well. ;)

19. Medira

Medira New Member

30 - 40 hours a week.

I lost my first 45 lbs. just dancing like a normal social dancer though...like I said though, I had *a lot* to lose.

20. LACHopeful

LACHopeful New Member

I just another 4 lbs.

That means that I've lost 25 all together...still have like 15 more to go