Help, salseras - shoes, stockings, and other fun things.

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by mellody43, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Sarah

Sarah New Member

2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I HATE wearing stockings, which is the main reason I dance (latin dance) in pants. If I'm breaking in a new pair of shoes, I wear knee-highs until I get them all sweated in and stretched out & comfy. Recently I've been wearing them all the time as they seem to be preventing me from getting blisters, thus saving me money on moleskin! I wear only open-toe latin dance shoes or Bloch jazz dance shoes. I only very occasionally dance in a dress and when doing so, am constantly worried about running my stockings. (When I'm tanned in the summer, I go bare-legged). I have about 20 pair of dance pants which are in lovely synthetic fabrics that breathe, dry off amazingly fast when I soak them in sweat, and don't show sweat marks as I like to wear black. I think every dancer has different styles and different levels of comfort, and should wear what they feel most confident & comfortable in.
    Guys, PLEEZ refrain from shaving those legs!!!!!! :lol:
  3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Rest assured cocodrilo, I hadn't even considered it! :lol:
  4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

But I'm sure you've had the ITCH to try on fishnet stockings, or to pilfer through the garment bag of one of your partners?! :lol:
  5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Can't say as I have... :?
  6. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

:lol: Just the opposite, cocodrilo--SOs, women friends, partners, are always going through my makeup kit--have lost some very nice brushes to marauding ladies! :lol:
  7. mellody43

mellody43 New Member

Jenn's onto me. I hate my legs -- I don't wear swishy skirts -- I might wear a skirt that has a ruffled bottom for movement, or a dress with an interesting tango-like gathering for accent but anything that is going to swing up -- EEP! Forget it! I'm thrilled to have dropped 20 lbs of late but honestly, my tuckus is not ready for that kind of exposure! LOL!

8. mellody43

mellody43 New Member

Boriken, if you wore a Utilikilt here in Seattle, you'd blend in quite nicely. ;-)
  9. mellody43

mellody43 New Member

PEachexploration: holy smokes. is amazing.

I'll have to win the lottery before I shop there though! LOL!
  10. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Yeah, it's a little pricy but at least you can use it for inspiration when you go shopping at other stores or be on the lookout for sales at that site. :wink:
  11. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

LOL! Don't worry about it. You'd be surprised how many guys like a chunky tuckus. :wink: :lol: and even if they don't, who cares? You deserve to enjoy the dancing, chunks or not.

Let me tell you what my beloved former dance teacher and friend told me: "Real men love women with lumps and bumps. The more lumps and bumps, the more of you there is to love." Now that's a man! :wink: 8)

Enjoy your dancing. :D
  12. mellody43

mellody43 New Member

*LOL*! Jenn you crack me up. I feel better -- though still not convinced I'm ready to bare my legs, even under a long skirt. :shock:

Talk about "shock and awe".

13. redhead

redhead New Member

Ladies... Good news! Leggs now makes toeless hose with lace panty instead of control top - so when you put your dance trunks over it, it's just like sheer to waist... they're so thin, I never got hot (I never sweat though), legs look like a million bucks and those things survive about 7 nights out without a run! Try them!
    Or, how about fishnets? They let your legs breath...
  14. redhead

redhead New Member

I LOVE skirts. Guys should be jealous :D The only thing is - never, ever wear a twirly skirt without some kind of stockings; watching even the fittest girls dance with bare legs, you can see some.. hmmm... giggling, and dance trunks won't help. But if your skirt will not rise for sure - go for it!
  15. peachexploration

I agree RH. Twirly skirts are dangerous. :twisted: Straight skirts are better. Symetrical variations or strictly A-Line.
  16. mellody43

mellody43 New Member

Hi redhead! I haven't seen the toeless L'eggs yet but suppose those in a nude color rather than black would be good.

I had a pair of these a few years ago and think I might revisit the idea:

Please search: spanx power panties

**Edited by BorikenSalsero, commercial link removed**
  17. peachexploration

Try a search on: Hanes Silk Reflections Beyond Bare Toeless, Control Top Pantyhose

This is the Hanes brand but I'm sure L'eggs is listed on this site as well. :D

**Edited by BorikenSalsero, Commercial link removed.**
  18. peachexploration

Thanks Boriken. Sorry, forgot about the non-commercial links rule.
  19. mellody43

mellody43 New Member

That's odd -- there are two other commercial links in this thread that didn't get edited. ?
  20. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

I haven't caught them yet... Sorry, but I have to get cracking on the commerical links, have to follow the guidelines.