Help, salseras - shoes, stockings, and other fun things.

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by mellody43, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Sarah

Sarah New Member

2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I HATE wearing stockings, which is the main reason I dance (latin dance) in pants. If I'm breaking in a new pair of shoes, I wear knee-highs until I get them all sweated in and stretched out & comfy. Recently I've been wearing them all the time as they seem to be preventing me from getting blisters, thus saving me money on moleskin! I wear only open-toe latin dance shoes or Bloch jazz dance shoes. I only very occasionally dance in a dress and when doing so, am constantly worried about running my stockings. (When I'm tanned in the summer, I go bare-legged). I have about 20 pair of dance pants which are in lovely synthetic fabrics that breathe, dry off amazingly fast when I soak them in sweat, and don't show sweat marks as I like to wear black. I think every dancer has different styles and different levels of comfort, and should wear what they feel most confident & comfortable in.
    Guys, PLEEZ refrain from shaving those legs!!!!!! :lol:

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Rest assured cocodrilo, I hadn't even considered it! :lol:

4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

But I'm sure you've had the ITCH to try on fishnet stockings, or to pilfer through the garment bag of one of your partners?! :lol:

5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Can't say as I have... :?

6. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

:lol: Just the opposite, cocodrilo--SOs, women friends, partners, are always going through my makeup kit--have lost some very nice brushes to marauding ladies! :lol:

7. mellody43

mellody43 New Member

Jenn's onto me. I hate my legs -- I don't wear swishy skirts -- I might wear a skirt that has a ruffled bottom for movement, or a dress with an interesting tango-like gathering for accent but anything that is going to swing up -- EEP! Forget it! I'm thrilled to have dropped 20 lbs of late but honestly, my tuckus is not ready for that kind of exposure! LOL!

=)
    Melissa

8. mellody43

mellody43 New Member

Boriken, if you wore a Utilikilt here in Seattle, you'd blend in quite nicely. ;-)

9. mellody43

mellody43 New Member

PEachexploration: holy smokes. Danceshopper.com is amazing.

I'll have to win the lottery before I shop there though! LOL!

10. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Yeah, it's a little pricy but at least you can use it for inspiration when you go shopping at other stores or be on the lookout for sales at that site. :wink:

11. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

LOL! Don't worry about it. You'd be surprised how many guys like a chunky tuckus. :wink: :lol: and even if they don't, who cares? You deserve to enjoy the dancing, chunks or not.

Let me tell you what my beloved former dance teacher and friend told me: "Real men love women with lumps and bumps. The more lumps and bumps, the more of you there is to love." Now that's a man! :wink: 8)

Enjoy your dancing. :D

12. mellody43

mellody43 New Member

*LOL*! Jenn you crack me up. I feel better -- though still not convinced I'm ready to bare my legs, even under a long skirt. :shock:

Talk about "shock and awe".

Melissa

13. redhead

redhead New Member

Ladies... Good news! Leggs now makes toeless hose with lace panty instead of control top - so when you put your dance trunks over it, it's just like sheer to waist... they're so thin, I never got hot (I never sweat though), legs look like a million bucks and those things survive about 7 nights out without a run! Try them!
    Or, how about fishnets? They let your legs breath...

14. redhead

redhead New Member

I LOVE skirts. Guys should be jealous :D The only thing is - never, ever wear a twirly skirt without some kind of stockings; watching even the fittest girls dance with bare legs, you can see some.. hmmm... giggling, and dance trunks won't help. But if your skirt will not rise for sure - go for it!

15. peachexploration

I agree RH. Twirly skirts are dangerous. :twisted: Straight skirts are better. Symetrical variations or strictly A-Line.

16. mellody43

mellody43 New Member

Hi redhead! I haven't seen the toeless L'eggs yet but suppose those in a nude color rather than black would be good.

I had a pair of these a few years ago and think I might revisit the idea:

Please search: spanx power panties

**Edited by BorikenSalsero, commercial link removed**

17. peachexploration

Try a search on: Hanes Silk Reflections Beyond Bare Toeless, Control Top Pantyhose

This is the Hanes brand but I'm sure L'eggs is listed on this site as well. :D

**Edited by BorikenSalsero, Commercial link removed.**

18. peachexploration

Thanks Boriken. Sorry, forgot about the non-commercial links rule.

19. mellody43

mellody43 New Member

That's odd -- there are two other commercial links in this thread that didn't get edited. ?

20. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

I haven't caught them yet... Sorry, but I have to get cracking on the commerical links, have to follow the guidelines.