Help with Lace

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by mamboqueen, Jul 21, 2008.

1. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble finding some lace, maybe some of you have seen something like this in passing. This is the type of lace I want, but I'm looking for it in a blueberry (or violet more towards blue than purple) shade:

http://www.dance-forums.com/album/index.php?uid=1086

I've had a few people in NYC look for me, but they're not having any luck either.

TIA.

Edit: Okay, of course Chrisanne has it in the color I want, but at a rather high price. Here is the color:

chrisanne.com/Product_details.aspx?id=5147&scid=09G&cid=LACESTR&category=Collections&subCategory=Stretch%20Lace&size=none

2. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Did they try MJ Trim store in NYC (not website which has much less choice)...not sure who would have if they didn't. I've only looked at the black, but there is tons to choose from...

3. mamboqueen

I think one of my "scouts" did look there -- but it's not trim we're trying to find; it's actually stretch lace fabric. Needs to be wide.

4. Easy

Easy Active Member

Can you find it in white and possibly dye it? Maybe take it, and your dress, to a local place that can match the color as closely as possible for you.

5. mamboqueen

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks for the idea. :p

6. dressgirl

dressgirl New Member

how much do you want and how are you using it?

7. Laura

Laura New Member

You can try, but many synthetic fabrics don't dye well and don't hold the color well.

The stretch lace is very very nice. If you need a meter or less, it is probably worth it to bite the bullet and buy it from someone who can supply Chrisanne fabrics. You should talk to dressgirl about finding some :)

8. mamboqueen

Sent you a pm.

I somewhat had a feeling that might be the case because I really don't see a lot of people dying lace (or fringe for that matter...and I'm looking for a certain color purple fringe 18" while I'm on the subject). I also thought that washing it out could be an issue. I hate to take the chance.

9. Laura

Laura New Member

I'd hate to see you covered with running purple splotches.

10. mamboqueen

I'll just coordinate it with a nasty green tan. It'll be Barney vs. Kermit. :)

11. mamboqueen

Hi Connie,

Missed your post entirely. I think that is one of the sites I checked; had something like 30 pages of lace, but not the color I need. I appreciate your help -- and welcome aboard!

12. dressgirl

dressgirl New Member

ummmmmmmm............been there.

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

omg, what an image...

14. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

...either that or an assortment of exploding gummy bears!

15. mamboqueen

I bet stones stick really well to gummy bears :).

16. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Better if you pre-melt them a bit, push in the stones, and then put them in the fridge for a little bit I'd think. ;)

17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i may have to try that next time instead of E6000...

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

ha! clever...

19. mamboqueen

well, we can always put them in the freezer and use them for ice cubes in our margaritas.

Lordy...1001 Ways to Use Gummy Bears...all here on DF.

20. Laura

Laura New Member

I hate gummy bears. I will take my margarita gummy-bear free, please.