Hey Everybody!!! Forum Software Upgrade in the Works

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DanceMentor, Aug 22, 2012.

1. raindance

raindance Active Member

Just wanted to report an issue with the auction... I placed a bid on an item, and once I hit the button to submit the bid it just took me to a blank page (still had a DF address in the URL above). Looks like the bid actually worked fine when I went back into DF and the auction page to check. But thought I should mention here it as the blank page may be confusing for bidders.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I had the same thing...
  3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Same here too :(

...but at least my bid went through! :D
  4. fascination

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Why do I have the feeling that one of you two is bidding up the price of Peaches' home-canned goods? *faux evil squint*
  6. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

I can't change my signature; I have read the other posts about hovering over the avatar but nothing comes up..and I'm still getting logged out hopping between forums.
  7. pygmalion

This is not intended as a complaint but as a data point. The timeout errors have increased over the past day and a half or so. I assume that something behind the scenes is different. It's still way better than before and liveable with a few workarounds. Like I said, just a data point.
  8. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

Noted. Will take care of this asap.
    Larinda McRaven likes this.
  9. fascination

admin...can you speak to this?
  10. fascination

I have not noticed this...have others?...but I assume that if it is the case that it may well be a matter of the holiday
  11. hereKittyKitty

We're looking into the signature problem as well as the auction bug. It may take another day as some tech staff are out for the holiday.
  12. fascination

13. hereKittyKitty

Signature issues should be largely solved now. With regard to the time outs I have not noticed this.
  14. fascination

15. pygmalion

The timeout issues were definitely real. I wish I'd thought to document when they happened and under what circumstances. I will try to take notes, if I notice them happening again. But again, my report was just an observation, not a complaint. I only noticed the timeouts because there'd been so few recently. It's nothing to get upset about, IMHO.

And ftr, unless I'm looking in the wrong place, I still don't have an option to edit my signature line. I tried to post a screen shot, but got a "message is too long" error. *sigh* I am going to the pull down menu under my username (Where the options to edit avatars, privacy settings, etc are.) This menu looks exactly same as it used to. No sig option. Am I looking in the wrong place?

ETA: I've also heard people say that one should "hover above the avatar." When I do that (Either the box where my avatar would be, if I had an avatar. lol) or the word/link where you edit and avatar, I still get nuthin. If I hover over my avatar, I see a message that says "view your profile." That's all.
  16. pygmalion

Okay. The timeouts were happening on Wednesday. I noticed because another DFer made the first double post I'd seen in quite a while and I remember thinking, "Oh yeah. It probably has to do with the timeouts I've been having." It was Wednesday noon-ish into night, for sure. I also think the problem continued into Thursday morning, but I'm only about 95% sure that's true.
  17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

No signature option yet displays for me.
  18. fascination

I am banking on it having been a holiday issue
  19. hereKittyKitty

Okay I think its fixed. Click on your avatar in the upper right corner. It should bring up a black box with a link to your profile page. Click on profile page, click on screen name in the upper right corner of this page. You should have a signature option there now.
  20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I do indeed, thank you, Kitty.