Hey Everybody!!! Forum Software Upgrade in the Works

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DanceMentor, Aug 22, 2012.

1. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Hmm. I like having a URL to follow to get *new* posts. I would also like having a URL to follow to get posts from the past 24 hrs, but for me that's secondary.

Can you support both of these?

dance-forums.com/find-new/threads
    dance-forums.com/find-recent/threads

Bonus points for this:
    dance-forums.com/find-recent/threads?age=[0-9]+[mhdw]

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I'm liking the new go to first unread that's at the top of each thread. Very cool.

3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

What's wrong with the little blue dot?

4. pygmalion

Duh... WHAT little blue dot? lol.

5. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

ok, I'm getting "received error msg 122" and a whole lot of computer code.
    Cannot read PM conversations sent to me. Cannot send either.....helpppppppppp me.

6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

In the subforums, where you can see the individual list of threads, the ones with new posts has a blue dot next to them. And I think the thread titles are bolded, IIRC.

...still getting quasi-kicked out after the first time I log in, if I click on certain things. Have only figured out some of the things that will guarantee that I'm quasi-kicked out (DF logo, PMs). Still just going through the hassle of deliberately getting myself quasi-kicked out and just logging in "twice" when I get in.

Is anyone looking into this? If needed I can provide a step-by-step accounting of where I click and exactly what happens, in case someone has looked into it and can't seem to make it happen.

7. pygmalion

Thanks P. Lovin the blue dot. :)

8. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Using Internet Explorer at work. Multi-line posts are unreadable as the blank space at the top of lower lines overwrites the lines above them. The height of each line is about twice the height of the tallest letters. If I highlight a multi-line message and copy and paste it to a text editor, it displays just fine. Also, I use Chrome at home and it has no problem displaying.

Could it be due to a style setting that the forum software generates and that IE uses but Chrome ignores?

9. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

Are you still having this problem?

10. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

We are still working through a list of things that need to be fixed. I assure you its getting looked into. Just not as fast as we would like.

11. 3wishes

nope, it disappeared a day or two after I posted the problem.

12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I do not have same problem with IE here.

13. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

It's IE7 that I use at work and that has the problem. I have IE9 at home, but don't use it; I just now checked and it does not display the problem.

This forum is the only site where my IE7 has the problem, so I don't see that it would be a configuration problem on my part.

14. 3wishes

BTW peaches, it says your not accepting conversations as well. just an FYI if you didn't know that already.

15. Peaches

I didn't know that. Thanks!

16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

But it could still be an issue with IE7. Have you tried IE7 at home? Are you unable to use >IE7 at work?

17. Peaches

I don't get kicked out any more when I haven't logged in twice! Yay! Thank you!!!

18. pygmalion

But the timeout errors are back. Or at least, they have been for me, for the past few days. Anybody else?

19. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

try to post too soon ... no way jose

wait too long ..no chance lance

20. pygmalion

Glad I'm not the only one. *grin*