Hey Everybody!!! Forum Software Upgrade in the Works

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DanceMentor, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Cal

Cal Active Member

Thanks for the replies, and thanks to admin for taking pity on me and logging me out. I had tried shrinking things as small as I could, and I guess it just wasn't small enough, or I missed a layer. (I'm not intending to log in from my iPhone again!)
  2. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

I use the Tapatalk app for DFing on my iphone.
    samina likes this.
  3. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Has the server been having problems? I keep trying to connect to DF and it doesn't go through (chrome or on tapatalk on my phone). downforeveryoneorjustme.com says it's not just me.
  4. bia

bia Active Member

I was having trouble just now (firefox on a mac). I went away and did something else, and my next attempt after a several minute wait worked (clearly, since I'm here).
  5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I had the same problem this morning as well. Turns out we were getting switched over to a dedicated server (which is great), albeit without a heads up. Shouldn't be a problem anymore.
    mindputtee likes this.
  6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Is anyone besides me finding that sometimes the Alerts and Conversations menu items get kind of shy and want to hide behind the search box?
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

iirc...I had that til I changed browsers...now, I never have it
  8. TwoRightFeet

TwoRightFeet Active Member

Yes, it happens in both Firefox and Internet Explorer when I have the bookmarks pane displayed down the left side of the browser window. The dropdown menu under my username and the adjacent Inbox, Alerts and Logout links on the right-hand side shift position from the first-line menu (Home, Forums, Members, etc.) to the second-line menu (Mark Forums Read, Search Forums, etc.) where they are covered up by the search box and inaccessible. It's very annoying.
  9. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I find it only happens on my mini laptop using Chrome...on my desktop or big laptop using Chrome there are no problems.
  10. mindputtee

Yeah, happens when your browser isn't stretched wide enough to accommodate all the menu items.
  11. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Ah, now I see that! Thanks. Don't usually leave my browser window set that wide... need room for the baseball game that's playing in another window. :cool:
  12. mindputtee

I find it particularly annoying because on my phone I can't adjust that width setting, and so it's tough to access those options.
    Lioness likes this.
  13. Larinda McRaven

tapatalk for your phone!!!
    so worth it.
    stash likes this.
  14. mindputtee

Most of the time I do use tapatalk on my phone (and it is so much better) but I haven't figured out how to make the alerts work properly on it.
  15. TwoRightFeet

TwoRightFeet Active Member

With today's forum update, it seems that this problem has been fixed. The menus are no longer covered up (tested on Firefox and IE). Thank you, forum updaters.
    Larinda McRaven likes this.
  16. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Some of the text here turned BLUE for me. Anyone else?
  17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

18. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

and I love it!
    samina likes this.
  19. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

OK, let me repeat: the blue is making me happy. thank you, whoever made that decision and made it happen!
    Bailamosdance likes this.
  20. Larinda McRaven

so easy to read now!!!
    samina, j_alexandra and SDsalsaguy like this.