Hi.

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by lil glam gal, Nov 8, 2007.

1. lil glam gal

lil glam gal New Member

Hi,

This is the first time I have been on this site properly and was hoping to get to know people better. Well, I'm Jade and I'm 17 from the UK. I dance Latin American dancing in competitions around the UK and am going to be competing Internationally soon. Myself and my partner are sponsored by a dress maker in the UK, so that means free dresses... woohoo! lol
    Is there a lot of competitions that we could enter in the US?

Jade
  2. tunape

tunape New Member

Hi, Welcome! For the amateur scene, you should at least check out Embassy Ball in Los Angeles, USDC in Miami, and Ohio Star Ball. The first two are IDSF sanctioned, I believe. Smaller comps include Manhattan Amateur Classic, Yankee Classic in Boston, Emerald Ball, etc... I'm sure other members have more comps in mind.

If you're also interested, there are a number of collegiate competitions which has a good number of dancers. The major ones include DC Dance Inferno(DCDI), MIT Open Ballroom Competition, and Harvard. Hope to see you at comps! :)
  3. lil glam gal

lil glam gal New Member

Hi Thanks for that :)
    just got to let my partner know about the comps :)
  4. reb

reb Active Member

Good recommendations.

The Embassy Ball in Irvine, California is near Los Angeles and will be hosting the:
    • IDSF Grand Slam Standard - 29 August 2008
    • IDSF Grand Slam Latin - 30 August 2008
    The competition website doesn't look like its updated yet, but here it is to file away for reference: w w w .embassyball.com