High heels effects

Discussion in 'Dance Articles' started by tanya_the_dancer, Sep 17, 2010.

1. millitiz

millitiz Member

Maybe he did mean balls lead :D. As for lower hell...I thought fasc was playing with the words originally.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

that was a different thread :)
    twnkltoz likes this.
  3. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

I either wear practice shoes or 2.5" for ballroom (if I'm performing) or 3.75" for AT (always). It actually feels gross to me to wear anything in between. I tend to only wear heels when I have to--dressing up, performing, or AT. I'll wear tennis shoes to and from the dance, even when I'm dressed up...although I did get a pair of cushy slippers at Christmas that I can wear when I'm dressed up. I sometimes teach in tennies if I won't be doing that much dancing (pointing and yelling and counting at wedding couples, for example). I love wearing heels, but it's just too hard on my feet. My weight is a factor in that.
  4. twnkltoz

5. Soulmate61

Soulmate61 Active Member

http://www.carlowstilettosprint.com/

Several charities are organising a high heels race for men here tomorrow, wearing de luxe shoes shipped in from UK. I am thinking about entering (any tips?), but am worried in case I look too appealing in them. :D

Ireland has 14% unemployment and the highest suicide rate in Europe for young people. Behind the frivolous, the serious. :)
  6. Soulmate61

Soulmate61 Active Member

Not going to take part in the high heels race, but did try the shoes in the office. They had merely two-inch heels, but concentrating my 180 pounds bodyweight on just toes was terrible. It's beyond me how Joanna Leunis can move like lightning wearing 3-inch heels (or higher?). I did understand immediately how they can make the wearer feel feminine. I caused quite a stir, with admirers forming a queue. :D

I need a doctor though.
    theAnnelis likes this.
  7. twnkltoz

Some guys at our studio's country night do "Walk a mile in her shoes" or something like that where they wear women's shoes and we pay to dance with them (like a dollar dance at a wedding) and the money goes to breast cancer research. Some of them do surprisingly well. They usually dress up and ham it up a bit, so it's really a lot of fun. I think it's coming up pretty soon.
  8. Soulmate61

Soulmate61 Active Member

I would wear a dress only if it matches the color of my eyes.
    twnkltoz likes this.
  9. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I wear "sensible" shoes (complete with extra inserts for heel cushioning) at work and I would a thousand times rather stand in my Latin sandals that force me onto the ball of my feet. For dance, being in flat shoes feels wrong (there are some aspects of my showcase where I wish I could use pointe shoes but it wouldn't be practical with the floor involved.)
  10. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Regarding heel height, it's not the height for me, it's the placement under my heel. That varies by brand of shoe. What I do like is the more flexible sole of the dance shoe than street heels.

With corsets, don't knock 'em until you've tried them. Much more comfortable than a bra. And Victorian strict compression corsets have and had steel bone, not whalebone. Whalebone is better because it molds to the wearer, and it can't do the 1890s wasp-waist level of compression.
  11. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

http://nypost.com/2013/07/19/the-stiletto-whisperer-teaches-nyc-women-how-to-strut-their-stuff/
  12. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll be the one to say it: "His professional dancing friends" and "12 hours in seven inch spikes" makes me wonder if there wasn't also a POLE involved.