"Hold me in your arms" What dance goes with this song?

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by teleda, Aug 17, 2008.

1. teleda

teleda New Member

What dance goes with this song? Brad Paisley ~ Hold me in your arms

2. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

Swing, definitely. I would think East Coast Swing and probably some country-based swing dances that I am not familiar with. Also could suit a fast-paced West Coast Swing.

3. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

If anyone wants to give a listen...
    http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/paisley_brad/347819/album.jhtml

Waltz is the only type of song that I can think of that also pretty much tells you what dance to do.
    Yes, you can do swing to this song.
    (We have a relatively new to our place young couple who does Lindy Hop to darn near every Country Western song that they play. I get the distinct impression that it's one of the few dances they know. The young woman does WCS, too, so maybe its the guy who only knows Lindy.)
    Anyhow, at a CW place you could easily do two step to this one (at least a CW place in the West). The "count" is the same as ECS, you just do it progressive instead of in place. WCS or "triple two", or Fort Worth shuffle also have the same basic steps (with Fort Worth starting on the man's RIght foot!). You "just" do WCS in a slot, and the other two dances are progressive.
    I had one partner with whom I would always switch back and forth from two step to ECS depending on which section of the song we were in.

4. kayak

kayak Active Member

I agree with Steve that there are lots of options, but most people in my area dance 2-step to this song. There are a few that prefer polka/triple-triple.

5. CwdTexas

CwdTexas New Member

My partner and I dance an easy paced two step or double two/triple two to this song. We prefer the triple two with the rhythm of this song.

6. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

If I caught that song in a competition, I think I'd puke . . . way too slow for a 2 Step, so make it a "slow" ECS . . .

7. CwdTexas

CwdTexas New Member

:uplaugh:Lol Vince, the possibility of that song coming up in a twostep competition is about as likely as the sasquatch body in the freezer being real!!!!!!

8. kayak

kayak Active Member

Our local club played that song last night and triple 2-step did work well with it. I just don't tend to find many ladies that know that dance. So it is really hit and miss when I get to dance it.

9. jmw85

jmw85 New Member

For those who Line Dance, there are 3 choreographed Line Dances to this song:

Dusty County, a 32 count, 4 wall Improver Line Dance choreographed by Ray Busque

See How It Feels, a 64 count 2 wall Improver Line Dance choreographed by Jason Drake.

Stop Look and Listen!, a 64 count 4 wall Intermediate Line Dance choreographed by Peter Metelnick & Alison Biggs.

All dance scripts can be found on the Linedancer Magazine website or probably on Kick It.

10. RichE

RichE New Member

Starting with the man's right foot is how they do the Fort Worth Shuffle in Oklahoma. In Fort Worth the man starts with his left foot.

That song feels like a polka. I'd do a triple-2.

11. kayak

kayak Active Member

Yea, I like Triple 2-Step for those songs that are in-between tempos.

12. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Lots of good useful info in this thread to use when I can make it out to Arlington...

13. SpiritBoy

SpiritBoy New Member

The Triple Two Step can be danced to country-western polka music like the song you mentioned.

14. soccerdancer

soccerdancer New Member

Triple-Two...no question. This is an excellent song for that dance. It makes a nice two step for novice dancers to use to improve.

15. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I know jmw is not here anymore, but what is an improver line dance? Anybody know? Sounds like a level between beginner and intermediate.

16. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

I think it's a UK thing.

KickIt, which appears to be based in the US, lists the dance as "beginner/intermediate."

17. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Don't know about the line dance, but "Hold Me . . . ." is too fast for a Triple 2 . . . more a triple step, triple step, rock step - a really slow ECS . . . still sticking with my answer from 2008 . . . sorta . . .