how are your lessons going? thread II

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Pretty much imploded during Tuesday' lesson...feeling I'm not getting any better and I never will...if I were I'd had done it already...have lesson scheduled this afternoon and not feeling great about it...what's the song by Carly Simon...It's too late...

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

oh man...i wouldn't go if I were you...whenever I get to that point it spells at least a two week break

3. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

Debmc...
    Purchased the Ray Rose Earthquake. Coming in a M+ size is perfect for my feet!
    This week will do a back to back. 1.5 hours rhythm followed by 1.5 hours smooth.
    Counting on my new shoes to get me through rhythm and feet still not hurt for smooth. Last time I did this my feet really protested after about 2.5!

debmc likes this.
  4. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

So did you take the lesson Purr?
    When I get to feeling that way I do the same as fasc and walk away for a few weeks, then get renewed...

5. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

Very mixed bag this week.

First lesson with DH was an absolute disaster, to the point that he decided to quit dancing. Thankfully he changed his mind after a good night's sleep. Our second lesson later in the week was good. Not amazing, but good.

My individual lessons were fantastic. New technique led to a quantum leap all through my dancing, and my choreography for the showcase in Feb is really fun!

6. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Lessons yesterday, paso. Haven't done paso in ages so catching up with pros latest information is a good thing. The lesson gave me a different way to approach paso and from the comments of pro and some kindly on lookers, it adds the look of strength but increases the flexibility of the body.

7. fascination

so much to say...first of all, this whole continuation of hip thing in rumba runs completely counter to this whole snappier head thing (just sayin')...and yes, I know that there will be no sympathy for that...then, regarding this whole jive thing; since I am over my foot and do the choreo reasonably well slowly, can't we just slow it down a tad?...and about relaxing during waltz; if you want that, you are going to have to be someone else(KWIM? do you have any idea how intimidating this is?)...last, but definately not least, as regards FT styling*** and this probably goes for rumba too*** if you really want me to get my sexy on, you are going to have to look the other way, because I don't want to see you laugh....how in heaven's name am I going to fix that?

debmc likes this.
  8. latingal

That was quite a list fasc....but the last one I can definitely identify with....

9. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

and

I showed up at the studio for the lesson, but it never materialized. Pro was busy with studio administrative stuff that I ended up helping him with.

10. fascination

man, do I need you to come over for a "strike the pose" workshop...oy...

latingal likes this.
  11. latingal

LOL....bribe me with chocolate.... ;)

12. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Post comp lessons with pro and coach today went very well. Nice roadmap given for what to work on before next comp.

13. fascination

I will buy whatever you like...and I have kitties

14. fascination

today's lessons; every once in a while, the heaven's open up and you get a moment when you think your pro seems to be able to dance, and might actually be enjoying it and you think you can almost see what it feels like to be pretty good...not so much concerned with whether it was an illusion or not...it was lovely...and I am going to savor it

SwayWithMe and debmc like this.
  15. latingal

LOL....I'm there!!

16. latingal

Added a couple of new parts to cha-cha....me likey! LOL!

17. latingal

my head is already ready to explode and I've got coaching tomorrow? o_O

18. fascination

take good notes :)

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  19. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

and charge your video recorder!!

20. latingal

LOL, coach decided to just keep trying to make my head explode on the same subjects I worked on with pro. We have reached maximum uncomfortable zone....

debmc likes this.