how are your lessons going? thread II

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

i am... but on the upside i can pee standing up:D
  2. twothreefourone

twothreefourone Active Member

Oops, I did search a little but shall try again with different keywords in my search string. :oops:
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

first lessons today in two weeks....conclusion = I should go away more often....really enjoyed today and felt ready to learn
    debmc and latingal like this.
  4. fascination

all gold standard and latin...think I have been fired from smooth...not even going to ask
  5. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Maybe he was just feeling International today....are you guys going to Wisconsin?
  6. fascination

he has not done wisconsin in the entire time I have danced with him...we don't really have a comp plan ATM....too much in flux in my life and his...

as for feeling international...lol...he always feels international, but usually deigns to do smooth on occasion to placate me...but I think we are currently on a hiatus ...meh...I am flexible at the moment
  7. danceronice

I'm waiting to see if I'm doing Rhythm or if we're REALLY going to do the solo thing, which would mean doing Smooth. I'm trying to very quietly not bring up Standard....
  8. fascination

well...whatever you do, enjoy it...or don't do it...I do love the Pfister
  9. fascination

off of smooth probation...but far too crippled from yesterday's lessons to make much of an impression
    latingal likes this.
  10. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Got some rib cage soreness today... it woke me up in the middle of the night. I'm not sure what caused it. It might have been doing repeated run-throughs during our showcase coaching, or the arm exercises we did in the spin and balance class.
  11. fascination

my empathy...that being said, am too sore to list all of the locations that are sore :)
  12. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I know what you mean... sometimes it seems like it would be easier to list the locations where I'm not sore. :p
  13. fascination

right...plus I fell doing double spins so that is a new and exciting kind of pain...the other pain is just the run of the mill flaming balls of the feet and arches, and tendonitis...and garden variety of muscle fatigue
  14. fascination

oh...and the usual fingertip shaped bruises that somehow always end up on my bi-cepts...which I refer to by my pro's last name, because they are tiny little reminders of him...i never feel them happening, but they magically appear on monday night and are always tiny little round fingertip shapes...:)...I am sure he has it worse
  15. danceronice

Oh, gorgeous hotel...Normally I'd give Michigan priority but pro's not able to do that one, and I admit, staying in a really nice hotel for Wisconsin would be a bonus. And it's mostly a choice of skip the solo and do Rhythm, or do the solo and do Smooth. Will all kind of depend on what the solo's status is.

And I have never had anyone leave bruises. At least, no one but me. And those are usually on my tailbone (nothing exciting, just have caught a hem on a heel while doing Viennese. Nothing he could do to save it...)
  16. fascination

I am a force to be reckoned with..and I bruise easily...:)...they don't hurt
    danceronice likes this.
  17. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Good lesson yesterday. Pro getting over the cold that seems to be sweeping the city meant no full run-throughs, but lots of time for technique tune up and questions... finally fixed the issue I've been having with the first step of weave from PP!

Today: sore, perhaps from the repetition and control stuff we were doing. On the plus side, I'm sore in muscles that tell me I wasn't cheating the technique!
  18. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Can we just forget the last lesson ever happened? Sigh.....
  19. fascination

20. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Finally! the feet, the cbmp,the brain and the arms...all came together - at least for this lesson they did, it's only been about 5 months of trying ....now...if...I...can...only....keep...surprising...pro...by...actually being consistent, wink. giggle.
    latingal and Terpsichorean Clod like this.