how are your lessons going? thread II

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Dec 20, 2007.

1. iadancer4kelley

iadancer4kelley New Member

Had awesome coaching with Larinda last night. Actually felt like a dancer instead of an accountant pretending to dance. It was great, felt like some real breakthroughs were made and can't wait for workshop tonight. :)

Sania, stash and chomsky like this.
  2. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

I'm starting to enjoy the connection to myself, to the music and last but not least to my teacher! wow, it's so nice to learn!!!okay I know I sound like a proverb of 3 Cs, but that's the order I enjoy in my lesson!!!or to be true second teacher third music..but first of all the narcissist in me, he he he!!!

3. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

we are what we want to be, always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

I'm so excited to see all these new routines this year!

middy likes this.
  5. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Great lesson today. After a long break since my last comp( 2-3 weeks), I was worried, but I felt back on track! What a relief! Super excited about some high level coaching coming up as well.

latingal and stash like this.
  6. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Just had mine tonight! It was awesome, as expected :)
    Got to work on some concepts that I think will keep me busy in the practice room for a while, in all my dances!

7. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Long sweaty lesson today, dedicated to Slow Fox. It's coming along...baby step by baby step. *bliss-bliss* :)

Sania likes this.
  8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

good to hear...as I am concerned that I have probably forgettern everything

debmc likes this.
  9. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Lessons this week were pretty good. Did some work in foot speed and timing, I can see it will make my dancing more dynamic - now it's the working part of it....get it in the basics and then find it in the routines and then repetitions until my head hurts. *sigh*

10. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Lessons today were all on smooth.... started with a smooth coaching and then followed up with a lesson reinforcing the coaching. I have sooooo much to learn about smooth... but I am happy that I am getting good instruction! Looked more closely at timing, footwork and shaping in the bronze smooth dances.

Wannabee and latingal like this.
  11. fascination

ok...am grateful that he still teaches me new things that will make me better in spite of what seems my complete inability to do so...glad it wasn't horrible...hoping tomorrow will be okay ...and next week as well...then I go to see grandbaby and can use the long drive to think about whether or not I should even still be doing this...but, for today, it felt good

chomsky, latingal and llamasarefuzzy like this.
  12. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Silver Rhythm.

13. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Pro managed to talk me down off the ledge today....innocent bystanders are no longer in immanent threat of bodily harm....

Good clarification of what the last two lessons are trying to achieve in my dancing. I feel somewhat like the ball in a game of pong, but at least I seem to understand what we are trying to accomplish in the look of my dancing - well at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it....

Wannabee, debmc and Sania like this.
  14. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

A little confusing!
    Working with a new standard pro + my long time smooth pro...
    There is a difference of opinion of what to do with my frame

Geez

chomsky likes this.
  15. fascination

hang in there LG....hug

in my corner of the world....didn't get the lesson I wanted (wonderful standard open lead annd follow)...but probably got what I needed to make that more likely to happen if I practice....sigh...I really needed some pleasure...but I can wait

latingal and chomsky like this.
  16. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Working a lot on third steps in waltz. Need to point toes better to avoid taking a heel lead on 3. Unfortunately, I can't point my toes worth a darn. Instructor is amazed at how far I can pull my toes back, but that isn't something you need to do in dance. :rolleyes:

17. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

um... Corta Jaca :D

18. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Today was latin coaching day....lots of good information. Coach was happy with progress in my feet and legs.....but I need to work more on how my feet and legs produce the hip action....for want of a better way of saying it.....my standing leg action, weight transfer and directional changes are getting a lot of attention!

latingal likes this.
  19. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Ahhh......dance lesson. The highlight of my week! Did some work on shaping in Waltz, and tweeked Quickstep to clean up the routine. We were travelling too far on one particular wall, and resolved this with repositioning some silver steps, and adding one or two bronze. Score! And, during the lesson, DP asked me to come to his Smooth VW group class as his assistant. :)

latingal likes this.
  20. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

This says it all!