how are your lessons going? thread II

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Dec 20, 2007.

1. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

does that fit in the "whatever doesn't kill you" category?
  2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

yes - and since you were still posting I figured you were still alive ;)
  3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

More int'l rumba syllabus...enjoying it immensely...like opening out right and left, fencing and sliding doors...three alemanas needs a lot of work but that's ok...
  4. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Great lesson last night. We picked our song for the studio's February Valentine's talent show and party. Pro choreographed it in one lesson. It's easier than some of the previous routines have been, which is good since I've also decided to participate in the NJ Regional competition, also in February. So, I have to learn 4 Smooth comp routines and this new showcase routine by early/mid February. :shock: I must be nuts!!! ;)
  5. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

same subjects....more detail.
  6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

More of the same, too...
  7. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Haven't had a formal lesson in quite a while - a bit concerning really. next on Monday...
  8. rjcbear

rjcbear New Member

I am in the same boat as Elise but I will get my lesson tonight.

Happy New Year to every one.
  9. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Say, how about you take one paddle and I take the other and we might just get to 2009 :)
  10. rjcbear

rjcbear New Member

Great idea Elise would you be so kind to take the right?
  11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

holy cow, luce... may the force be with you
  12. LucyDiamond

Thanks sam. I've cut out all my other dance lessons so, I can FOCUS on February. You'll probably see me at your pro's studio Sunday practice sessions. :wink: Once I get past February, April should be a breeze - I've decided to compete in the FADS National competition in Las Vegas then.
  13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lessons are just more of same... maintaining connection from toes up through the body to support the torso and the middle back... all the time. i feel like i'm failing miserably, but pro notices improvement so... onward we go...
  14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

well, that would be very nice. i am always there.

you have a majorly exciting winter & spring happenin', seems... :)
  15. LucyDiamond

Yup, am really looking forward to the next few months.
  16. rjcbear

rjcbear New Member

DW, coach and I started the choreography for the showcase in February to "Big Spender" in addition to getting ready for Nashville Starz in January. I think Lucy and I are drinking the same water or breathing the same air. I can not wait to March so I can rest a little. :roll: :banana:
  17. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Well, despite a scheduling screw-up that was totally my fault, worked out for the best. Lesson with Rhythm pro tonight--I can has American rhumba routine! The whole thing! And despite Christmas and New Years and travel and near-total lack of sufficient sleep, I have not forgotten everything from the coaching lesson I had right before I left. I also got a nice bonus--after my lesson, I got to work with our newest pro on cha cha. I now have two full bronze routines, yay, and I like the new guy.
  18. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Its been noted many times but I still find it amazing that as you get more experienced how quickly one learns new steps - and what a small fraction of lesson time they occupy. On the other hand, perhaps because they are learned rather inoften, I find learning new steps is now a whole lot of fun.
  19. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

More of the same again
  20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

rumba, rumba... twist around spine before moving forward, push off with standing leg... repeat, repeat, repeat... and don't abandon this concept during choreography...

amazed at how just doing this can eat up a two-lesson session in the blink of an eye.