how are your lessons going? thread II

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Dec 20, 2007.

1. rjcbear

rjcbear New Member

Yes, they are. I used to watch them when I was a kid and loved them.

2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Me too. I thought that was them but Hardy looked too lithe somehow...

3. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

lesson today, more rumba....stability, stability and more stability.

4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lesson today, all foxtrot. added some silver for the upcoming comp, really enjoyed the figures: natural telemark, hover corte, bounce fallaway, swivel (cool...) and... something else i forget. oh yeah, the natural & reverse waves. love those.

best part, tho... i think it felt better than ever... pro gave nice feedback. it's like progress one drop at a time, but at least it's progress.

5. elisedance

elisedance New Member

durn - my counter went backwards 1K and I was sooo close to the magic 7.5K... (DF is looking into it) - Maybe I am turning into the little train that couldn't :rolleyes:.

6. rjcbear

rjcbear New Member

One day in the near century I might get close to your numbers.

7. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

Feeling incredibly frustrated after this weekend. I feel like some mistakes keep resurfacing even though I thought I fixed them.

8. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Hmm. Maybe I shouls look at who's counts misteriously rose by 1k? :cool::rolleyes:

9. rjcbear

rjcbear New Member

I am frustrated with my earing. Last week I could not find the 1 on the Cha-Cha and the Tango even if the 1 hit me on my face. Teacher asked me Saturday If I was going to dance the Cha-Cha that way and I said yes and he replied "Don't you are of beat" that really added to the frustration.

10. rjcbear

rjcbear New Member

I wonder if they know low people in very high places :rolleyes:

11. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Standard lesson tonight, tango and quickstep. I think it went well...I think. One of those lessons that felt like a simulator session my friend who used to work at NASA told me about--the astronauts like to go in and try and break the shuttle simulator (or at least the programmer's brains), and the printout for the end of this session read "ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT Nice Landing." This felt like that. "That sucked, that sucked, that sucked, good work, see you next time." The worst part is the problems are mostly mental. I need to learn how to think without thinking. Especially about the steps. But it's like I think about one thing and everything else goes to pot. But pro seemed, overall, happy.

12. BM

BM New Member

"Perfect practise makes perfect competition." Oooooooooh, so THAT'S the secret! ::sighs::

13. rjcbear

rjcbear New Member

Tonight was Foxtrot, Foxtrot and just in case we did add more to the Showcase Foxtrot routine I think I will completely foxtrot out by the time the show case arrive and I have the following phrase ringing in my head "Hey Big Spender"

14. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I could see you were a man of distinction....

(Great. Now it's stuck in MY head.....)

15. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Still struggling with rumba corrections.... *sigh*

16. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Lesson yesterday cancelled by pro due to "the game"...rescheduled for today...I see more of the three alemana's and the three three's in my future...heavy sigh...

17. elisedance

elisedance New Member

coach injured her hip - no lesson last night (but gave excuse to celebrate!!)

18. rjcbear

rjcbear New Member

Good LOOKING so refine....

Could not help myself...

19. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

One of my most frustrating lessons in years last night... frustrated with myself, not teacher/material/etc.... I just have a horrible time learning new arm stylings.. It took years of drills to get a few motions feeling correct/integrated with the rest of the body... but now I'm seeing to have motions that don't feel right no matter what I do... and I need to put so much thought into the arms that I lose the power in the core and legs that the arms are back to being artificial and unmotivated.... but if I only spend 50% or whatever of my mind on keeping the new arm styling straight and 50% on doing everything else "right" the arms revert to their default octopus imitation....

20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

first lesson in three weeks ...going to dance him senseless ;)