How are your practices going?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Dec 25, 2008.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

good plan...you can afford to do that

over here, bottom of left big toe is stil tender, bruised, or something...but went though all of my smooth choreo, both silver and gold/open...attending to technical corrections, but my movement is definately hampered....that is going to have to be it for the week only two practices this week....sigh...
  2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

take care of that foot fasc! yea, better to take it easy on the practice for this week then injure it further and be out longer!

well, I didn't take the day off...but practice went well, just taking some of the pressure off seem to help. enjoyed working on the subject of my last two lessons, and felt like things were clicking today. and you know what they say, when it's working - keep doing it to groove it in!
  3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

long latin practice, drills & fundamentals for jive, samba and cha. also worked the "track" dances (WCS and salsa) for footwork, turning and balance when anchoring. no heels for this practice.
  4. latingal

dragged myself to practice today....it was a mixed bag, but glad I went and did it.
  5. fascination

today will definately be about spinning and doing it quickly and employing a variety of neglected technical aspects that are required in order to do that...also making my hip twist in cha more independent at speed...also going to look at some issues in smooth as well involving both turns and PP
  6. fascination

practice today was open smooth plus spins in jive and the cha hip twist
  7. latingal

practice today was mostly rumba, samba and paso. just working on rough spots in the new routines. I need my body memory to pick this stuff up faster!
  8. latingal

one of those days where practice was a pleasure....things were clicking and I was very happy with the dancing! how often do you get to say that? I'll take it!!
  9. frotes

frotes Member

So much technique to practice.. so not enough time. Loving it tho, it is awesome to be able to see/feel gradual improvements
  10. latingal

followed by one of those practices that was a bit of a nightmare....LOL! will try again today!
  11. latingal

practice today....worked on problem areas in all dances. happy to say that rumba seems to be coming along. the other dances I think I can get through pretty well...it's just a matter now of doing lots of repetitions and hopefully getting more dancing in with pro to solidify the partnership parts of the routines.
  12. latingal

worked problem spots in routines in slow motion to encourage body and mind to understand what is required by the movement. also worked on identifying and recognizing the different feels of being grounded in each dance.
  13. latingal

just not enough time to get all the things I need to get in to body memory in. very tough to juggle getting newer corrections in with cycling back to old corrections to make sure they stayed in.....
  14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

good practice - fox (smooth as well as standard), waltz, samba, WCS footwork, and lots of drills & fundamentals.
  15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

nuther good practice - jive & cha. worked slow tempos to drill proper form in fundamentals, as well as sharp and complete execution.
  16. fascination

smooth open and gold latin on sunday....trying to instill technical concepts neglected since lessons before trip
  17. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

Decided to take a new approach to practicing. Made a schedule of when we will practice what and just focus on that. So far its been going really well. THere are still a lot of things we need to work on with our coaches. For now its just making sure we have our routines down. Then coaches fix everything else.
  18. latingal

practices....have too much to handle right now. trying to narrow my focus down, but it always gets a bit difficult when you've had months and months of technique to work on and trying to get it to show up on the comp floor.
  19. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Practice today reviewed technique in chacha basics. It still amazes me ( and I am probably repeating myself), that basics continue to get more and more dimension added to them, so I am forever and will forever be, polishing up the basics!
  20. latingal

didn't I just post a couple of days ago, I already had too much to handle right now? LOL! More added yesterday; somebody must think I have super powers....

Will have to put the new stuff aside for now, getting through the new routines in somewhat decent shape takes precedence.