Ballroom Dance > How are your practices going?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Dec 25, 2008.

1. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Excellent practice today - things are starting to click on three very important fronts: upper body control, staying over my own feet, and styling. Can't wait to implement at my next lessons...but wish my next lessons weren't still a couple of weeks away! Plenty of time to reinforce, though, which in this case is a good thing.

2. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

Better today, more focused and grounded....also trying to remind myself how much fun this is!!

3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Went to first "group" practice/lesson last night at new studio on new floating floor! After a 4 month lay-off - regardless of corrections - it was GREAT!

4. latingal

practice today and yesterday was good. had a new set of corrections I wanted to work on, and also wanted to start putting some "finishing" into the new routines....

5. latingal

not the best day of practice, today....yesterday wasn't bad. still working on finishing the movements....

6. latingal

I am so much more grounded when I'm pissed off..... LOL!

7. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

:bkick: @ LG

Does that help? :razz:

8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

wish I had a practice to talk about...my children are sucking the life out of me and demanding all of my time...will practice tomorrow morning come hell or high water

9. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Good practices today...work kept me off the floor for almost a week, turns out I didn't miss much! Back to lessons tomorrow. :D

10. latingal

Owww....hope you got to practice fasc!

11. latingal

LOL...thanks TC, much more grounded now..... ;)

12. latingal

practice today;

- paso: more resistance, more consistent shaping
    - upper body coordination and use
    - more repetitions of a correction in usage of the foot in the weight transfer

13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

latin and smooth...tiny bit of standard waltz...worked areas where I fell apart at comp

14. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Worked on jive, trying to incorporate new technique information into the dance so that it will become natural. Haven't tried it to jive speed/music yet on my own though.

15. latingal

worked on staying within my own limits and twisting and speed in cha-cha. in samba, dropping my weight. in rumba, better control with the back leg....

16. latingal

long practice today.....good stuff though, slow corrections in coordination of the upper body in rumba and cha-cha, continued work in paso, and worked a bit on "just dancing"...

17. latingal

another good practice.... rumba felt great, cha-cha not too bad. much better use of my back and better speed. feet gave out way too soon today. *sadness*

18. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Managed to destroy my lower back at practice today. Need to evaluate what I'm doing wrong.

19. latingal

oh dear mindputtee! feel better soon!!

20. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Worked on all 5 latin dances, continuing to focus on faster changes of direction, and solid weight distribution.