How are your practices going?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Dec 25, 2008.

1. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

It looks like we need to hit the endurance training. Will try to do the suggested viennese waltz /quickstep runs for 10 min in a row. I will let you all know if that worked after MAC if we still alive:)

2. twothreefourone

twothreefourone Active Member

My callouses have callouses. Everything aches. It's good to be dancing again. :)

3. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Back from comp and hitting the practice floor hard again....so nice to be working without the pressure of an impending comp!

4. latingal

Okay, whole week has been about getting latest corrections into body memory, it's not hard, but I've hit the repetitious stage that can get a bit tedious. I keep trying to remind myself how much a difference it will make in my dancing....back at it again today.

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

nothing here...absolute dance vacation....maybe next week

latingal likes this.
  6. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Great new routines are falling into place! Ok bits and pieces of routines but that's how we are getting them from our coach. :D

7. twothreefourone

twothreefourone Active Member

Comp is looming! Aaaaahhh!

8. Olga Y

Olga Y Member

It's funny because it sounds too familiar! :)

Hurt my back a few days ago and still skipping a lot of practices, boo hoo :( A couple of times I did venture to the studio it was just too hard to commit to the steps properly. Decided foxtrot was the least offensive dance for aching back, but in the lessons we ended up picking up the waltz.

9. latingal

practice yesterday went well, gearing up and excited for the next round of work to come! until then working on some corrections in rumba basics and need to get those in to body memory.

10. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

If you don't mind, how did you hurt it? Was it dancing or something else?

11. Olga Y

Olga Y Member

It did follow a weekend of OSB, but I don't think it was dancing, because I would feel it straight away. The night we returned from OSB we were puppy-sitting for my parents who went out of town and the pup is used to sleeping with them, so I spent that night half-sleeping in awkward position, terrified of crushing the tiny puppy who kept trying to cuddle up for warmth. Next morning - terrible back pain that just got worse through the day, so for that week I could not dance and could only walk with a hunch and for short periods. Can't be mad at the puppy though, he's a cutie :)

12. fascination

have not practiced since before ohio...first too bummed, then too bousy, now too sick....am hoping that at least sometime this weekend I might resurrect this part of my past

13. latingal

Hope you are feeling better and get back on the practice floor very soon fasc!

Continuing to work in corrections from last week and starting to make progress on figuring out how to create better speed and change of direction in my own body. The exploration phase is always fun, the repetition...well, not as much... LOL!

14. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Pivots want to kill me! lol other than that stuff is feeling great :D

15. fascination

tried to practice...it was like dropping a penny in an empty room...I mean, it felt good to be moving round a bit and yet, neither consoling nor exciting nor dreadful....am just in a weird space with it all...glad the holidays are probably going to provide another couple weeks of break in the near future...and maybe the lessons tomorrow will help me to name the issue...will see

16. latingal

fasc, hope that the lessons and the holiday slow down help you find clarity in what you want in your dancing!

Practices with am partner going well. Solo practices a bit tedious right now, but sometimes it's just that way. Trying to stay focused on some of the positive signs in the dancing. And really looking forward to lessons today!

17. fascination

well...I will say this; he certainly made me aware of some things that need practice

18. fascination

I am certain, however, that your dedication will pay off

19. latingal

Thanks fasc....this certainly has been a long haul, hasn't it? I must admit, there are days that I am tempted to simply stay on the couch and drown my sorrows in chocolate and ice cream. LOL!

20. latingal

Practice today, incredibly slow - in more ways then one.