How are your practices going?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Dec 25, 2008.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I had about three weeks there where I was fairly certain that my two new hobbies were knitting and brushing up on my spanish

2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

LOL....I used to knit, may take it up again... :)

3. fascination

I knit and crochet...and am fairly certain that it would be cheaper and less humiliating

latingal likes this.
  4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

LOL my mom taught me that as a kid ( nosey boy as i am) i think if i did it now it would be humiliating but barely more so than dance LOL

latingal likes this.
  5. latingal

Decided to take a practice just to try to get some spontaneity and more fluidity in to my dancing. Was rather interesting, couldn't get the judgemental mind to turn off...too much structured dancing, too much having to be "correct".

6. latingal

Good practice today. Hit the basics and worked on some corrections I know I've needed to get in for a while now. Felt like some progress was made, though at speed attempts were underwhelming - slow speed was getting in to a better groove.

Also worked on dynamics and intentions. And I'm enjoying making pretty pictures...LOL!

7. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Reviewed video clips of basics from different lessons with latin coach...worked on correcting and improving my movements.

8. fascination

managed to motivate myself to go through my standard and smooth waltz...it wasn't much, but it was a start

latingal likes this.
  9. latingal

practicing with partner today, so concentrated on opposition and posture while doing run throughs of routines. also tried to keep my eyes off the floor - worked pretty well, hope I can make it a new habit.....

10. latingal

trying to keep technique needed for dynamics in the subconscious realm. tying it all together with feel, energy, intent or emotion.

11. fascination

first practice in a long while that I did not have to drag myself through...F, T. VW...felt as though I was able to learn some things about my back and about my feet by just letting it be...one small step for me

latingal likes this.
  12. fascination

today: cha, jive, paso, and waltz

latingal likes this.
  13. latingal

practiced on Christmas eve...worked mostly on the performance and focus, was actually quite fun....

14. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Today's practice: chacha, rumba, samba.

15. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

so did we

latin and smooth 1.5 hrs each concentrated on dynamic timing in smooth and increased connection quality in latin​

16. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Today's practice: paso, jive.

latingal likes this.
  17. latingal

Back from a fabulous dance camp....much to practice!

18. fascination

rumba, cha and jive....annoyed with self that I needed a break...and feeling the slippage...trying not to panic and trust that I needed it....slow and steady wins the race...going to spend the week trying to bring the patient out of the coma...focused on simply looking at the dancing and seeing what looks good, use of inside edge of the foot and musicality

latingal likes this.
  19. fascination

I so envy those of you who live in parts of the country where things like this happen

20. latingal

It was a really great camp and a rare opportunity to work with world class coaches; Ruud Vermeij, Maximiliaan Winkhuis, Barbara Amboz, and Shirley Ballas. Definitely count myself lucky to be able to attend. The subject was "The Charismatic Dancer", let's hope I was able to absorb some charisma for the floor!! LOL!