How are your practices going?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Dec 25, 2008.

1. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Practices the last couple of days have been good, and very long. Solo practice in Friday was great, working on a new idea from coaching and can see how it's going to help both when dancing solo and partnered. Yesterday worked on letting the dancing and connection breathe! Love that feeling!
  2. letsdance101

letsdance101 Member

Practices have been good. Been working on some routines trying to make them perfect. My coach has been very helpful trying to make the routines fit me and my partner better.
  3. latingal

Awesome practice Tuesday, love those days that things come together. Not so much today, but that's okay....tomorrow I get another chance at it.

Was happy to see some of the work on committing weight, body action, posture, timing and a smaller base in some of the dancing!
  4. latingal

More of the same today....things were working pretty well, and I'm very happy that things came back together after a less then stellar practice on Wednesday. Wedensday was enough to convince me that a rest on Thursday was called for.....
    fascination likes this.
  5. latingal

Practices this weekend thru today a mixed bag....solo practices were good, partnered amateur practices not as good. Feet are fit to be tied....came home early from practice today to give them a good soak in hot water foot spa. Hopefully tomorrow morning they'll feel better.

Have been working awareness of weight in to the foot/hip, better timing of the transfer of the spine in the weight transfer, better foot action to allow better timing of the spine transfer, and trying to identify how much energy is enough or not enough....
  6. latingal

Feet are going to fall off....
  7. latingal

Anybody out there practicing? I could use some inspiration!
  8. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Not now, but I was a few hours ago. A favorite partner and I were working on showcase choreo. It's a bolero. My biggest concern in it right now is a sequence that starts with a left-turning pivot (which is still weird for me; all of my previous experience with pivots has been right-turning) that evolves into telemarks, which in turn evolves into this thing where my partner and I do spins ending in rondes across each other. We can't seem to get together on where to break off the pivot in order to start the telemarks.
    latingal likes this.
  9. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Staying with the music has been a problem too, and it's my own fault since I did the music. :eek:
  10. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Practice yesterday reviewed some basic info on weight transfer. Practice today....drills!
    latingal likes this.
  11. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Practice today...leg lines and how feet and legs initiate hip action.
    latingal likes this.
  12. latingal

Dead tired....it's been a week of very long practices, but hopefully it'll translate in to progress. I can only hope.....
    debmc likes this.
  13. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Really good practice today, time flew by and got a lot done. Was just what I needed to make up for the first half of the day.
    latingal likes this.
  14. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Rumba walks are AWESOME.
    Hip rotation and leg movement are synchronizing better than ever! I feel really good about rumba nowadays. Sliding doors are much better too.
    latingal likes this.
  15. latingal

Solo practice yesterday....very frustrating. Was looking forward to a quiet day of doing some practice that I wanted to do rather then had to do.....for some reason I couldn't seem to get things going in the right direction.
  16. IvyAB

IvyAB Member

We have new choreography for pro competition, and overall it's going really well, but today was frustrating because we talk each other in circles sometimes, trying to explain what it is we need/want from each other in certain figures. We figured it out in the end, but I was feeling pretty misunderstood for a while...
  17. latingal

Welcome to DF IvyAB!
  18. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi IvyAB! Glad to have you here. :)
  19. IvyAB

IvyAB Member

Thanks! I used to have an account here--LauraB, but I go by Ivy nowadays, and haven't been on here for a few years, so I figured I'd switch it up. ;-D
  20. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

It's nice to see you again. :)