How are your practices going?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Dec 25, 2008.

1. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

A little jive practice today...
    latingal likes this.
  2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

How are my practices going? Just shoot me now..... sigh.
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

men are still from mars and women are still from venus....;)
    IvyAB likes this.
  4. latingal

Unfocused yesterday, need to do better today....just a tad bit weary of the discipline this week. sigh....
  5. twothreefourone

twothreefourone Active Member

Today's practice was two hours of breaking down Rumba, after we've (mostly) finished our new choreography. It looks so different to the old dance. Sooooooooo much to work on. We're feeling inspired though. Three weeks of solo practice for us both whilst my partner's gone home. Time to break out skype at the studio?
    ajiboyet likes this.
  6. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

I'm choreographing a solo for myself for a rumba show, a lil' something for myself before DP comes on stage. It's not been going well...
  7. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

american or intl??

song??
  8. twothreefourone

You'll get it! Some days are just slower than others. Start a "what do you think of my choreography?" thread... youtube link away ;)
  9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

first practice since returning from Oregon ......reviewed smooth open waltz and first wall of gold standard waltz, also first two walls of open smooth FT, also looked at some trouble spots in open smooth vw, and reviewed some new gold QS choreo while realizing that I have also forgotten some of the silver pattern....worked hip action in rumba drill and opening of gold jive...tomorrow is another day
    twothreefourone likes this.
  10. twothreefourone

O_O When you practice, you practice Fasc! :D
  11. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

The girl's got skillz. :)
  12. ajiboyet

International.

It's a song that I REALLY love, and it gets the emotions flowing, so I can rumba more naturally. I don't know why I'm stuck.
    And I've toyed with that idea for a very long time. I guess I'm just terrified of it.

And, my solo is supposed to last from the time the vocals start until she sings "Bibanke..."...about 12 measures.
  13. fascination

14. fascination

intl gold cha, trouble spots in gold intl ru...intl gold FT, open smooth tango, intl gold tango
  15. latingal

Better practices the last couple of days. The dancing felt good, working on technical details of new routines and then trying to get in and stay in the "just dance" mode! Not going to badly at all.
  16. fascination

jive, paso, samba.....bit more gold QS, and gold intl waltz
  17. latingal

Totally pooped....barely got through practice on Sunday. Day off today.

Solo practice on Sunday was better then partnered. Feel like I'm finally getting the timing and incorporating all the technique in the different areas of the body in satisfactory amounts in basic rumba walks. Geez....that took forever (and I'm sure there will be more to come - but hey, the basic work looks pretty good now).
  18. fascination

so glad I practiced the last three days
  19. ajiboyet

You're a nineteen-dancer right?
    cornutt likes this.
  20. latingal

Back to it today....went through repetitions of corrections in every problem spot in cha-cha and samba in my routines (and yea, that took a while), worked two sections of rumba, and tossed in some rumba basics just to make my life even more exciting. *rolls eyes* LOL - but I did get a lot done today.
    Terpsichorean Clod likes this.