How are your practices going?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Dec 25, 2008.

1. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Practices over the weekend and in to the new week went well. Need to make an adjustment to some of the work I've been doing since I didn't quite understand the theory fully (thank goodness for the monday lesson), but it shouldn't be too bad a change.

Happy with the run throughs of the routines.

chomsky likes this.
  2. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

yes my practice went well too! unbelievable isn't it, when something like that happens?

latingal likes this.
  3. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

practiced smooth today..... mostly focusing on footwork

4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

practiced Latin yesterday with the mrs

you know its good when the younger pros in the studio pause their lessons to watch and point and explain to their students wasssupp

i wonder how many extra lesson they sell when we practice there LOL

" with a little hard work and a lot of lessons you could do that....."

5. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I know I had a good practice yesterday, not only because I felt like I accomplished something leaving practice, but also because my body and feet kill! Does anyone else feel like open quickstep makes your feet work 10 times harder than any other dance?

6. Mr 4 styles

yessssssssssssss

7. stash

stash Well-Known Member

O thank goodness. I'm not alone :p

8. Mr 4 styles

strained an arch took three months to heal... friggin QS!! but I love it!!

9. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

I keep remembering when someone on DF over at the DWTS thread said something like "you could drive a bus through her thighs" of Melissa Rycroft's samba on the All-Star season. So I've been very conscious of that late..I ain't having no buses please...

10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

just fell on my dupa again...those doggone double spirals...do 5 well, 5 marginally, 5 miserably...puh....

also worked various other spins as well as some alignment in vw and paso...and fluidity in hairpin and feather

11. fascination

going to have a miserable bruise on my right butt cheek

12. fascination

oh...and note to self; practice timing and rise and fall on half natural tomorrow

13. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Back to back latin drills classes today... that counts as my practice for the day!

14. latingal

Owwweeeee!

15. latingal

Practice the last week has been good....finishing up subjects in committing the weight correctly in to foot and hip, being more continuous and fluid in my dancing, better pendulum swing and use of my feet (which is also reducing the size of my base), developing feeling the body state that produces good effect for the dances/movements.

16. fascination

yup...I think, however, that I am beginning to suspect when I am in immanent danger...so I am hoping to put an end to that soon...advil and bengay in the meantime...thank the merciful heavens that I have a large muscular cheek upon which to land....is going well in practice heels away from pro...is 50/50 in 3 inch heels in front of pro...but my failure amuses him..so there is that :)

17. latingal

I use arnica gel, works great for inflammation and bruises!

LOL...there is something to be said for the amusement factor, at least they're not bored! :)

18. fascination

i have tried arnica...and it is okay but////I am in a committed relationship with bengay

latingal likes this.
  19. fascination

today's practice; only about 45 minutes....worked some double spirals and cha locks fwd and back for a variety of offenses...also some spots in paso and jive....(note to self; samba tomo)

then looked at fallaway...also various pieces of FT, QS and W.....though right achilles was not amused so I had to keep it toned down

20. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Found something extremely ugly in my salsa on Saturday. Apparently I have a tendency to stick my butt out when leading simple underarm turns. But then maybe it was because this follow has the tendency to spin away from me, instead of on the spot, and my torso tilts forward and voila. Somehow, somehow, we both have to fix that.