How are your practices going?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Dec 25, 2008.

1. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Practices....repetitions, repetitions and more repetitions. My brain is more tired of them (as in screamingly bored!!) then my body is....must keep focused tho. Deliberate practice or no improvement occurs!
    chomsky and ajiboyet like this.
  2. latingal

I am so over these repetitions, but they're not in yet. *sigh* Guess what's scheduled for today?
  3. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Going through dance withdraw... Need to practice, but exams happen, then sickness... hopefully next week we can get some time in... somewhere....
    chomsky likes this.
  4. latingal

Feel better stash....
  5. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Thanks latingal! I feel much better today. Hopefully I will be able to go either Tuesday or Wednesday to practice.
    chomsky and latingal like this.
  6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I just want to find the time, when I am capable of moving without limping or moaning,to actually have a decent practice
    chomsky and latingal like this.
  7. latingal

Practice yesterday after two days off.....just wanted to go in and get the body moving. Worked on basic movement and started re-aquainting myself with the subjects I had been working on intensely before the comp. Need to continue working on those things because they aren't yet in!
  8. latingal

LOL...just looking back on 139 pages of practice posts and 4.5 years of practicing.....whoa. Keep it up everybody!
    ajiboyet and debmc like this.
  9. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Active Member

Just back from an awesome practice ('cause despite pros being in Blackpool, I have "homework" to do while they're gone). New shoes are breaking in (lasted almost a whole hour in them!), the adjustment to my body position is helping balance, esp. in the slower dances, and QS is starting to feel like I'm flying!

Now all I have to do is maintain momentum for the next week and a half...
  10. LT

LT Member

Tweeked our new tango short wall to make it more attainable... o_O Head speed is getting faster... ;)
  11. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

Third week, three weeks in a raw I’ve been practicing, HOORAY!!!!!!
    Three times per week so far, okay, it’s not 7 times per week but what the heck, I can get there, if I just believe in myself.
    Wannabee you inspired me to make a tough decision; I made a call I was dreading and found myself space for practice! It’s so nice to have people at DF! Such a nice place for me to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So, it’s been three times per week three weeks in a raw. I can do this, I can do this, I want to do this, I WILL do this!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Active Member

Ugh. I need to let go of this frustration with my cha cha routine and stop trying so hard on my rumba. and practice the little things that keep throwing me off, like finishing my bloody spins.
    chomsky likes this.
  13. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

First practice in a while and my hips are tighter than I remember ever. Ugh.
  14. chomsky

I didn' t practice yesterday and I feel miserable...
  15. fascination

I hear you...life has been crazy here and I have not been able to mange a good practice for too long...which I hate as I am a firm believer...but....It will happen on sunday...nomatter what
    latingal likes this.
  16. fascination

first practice today: all tangos, standard waltz, and QS...also made some progress breaking in the new shoes, which is a bigger deal than you might think....going to get more practice in later....
  17. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Improving my backward rumba walks...trying to sink the toe-heel-hip timing into my muscles so I don't have to think so hard about it when I'm doing it...
    chomsky likes this.
  18. fascination

2nd practice today...more waltz, also FT and VW....worked on a variety of technical issues but also just tried to be meticulous in how I executed each pattern with my feet and head..monitored shoulders, sides, etc as well
  19. chomsky

1/2hour yesterday!!!!hooray!!!!!!!!
    latingal likes this.
  20. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Practiced for the first time in a month on Monday. My body is repaying the favor with soreness... But it feels amazing to get back into it. A month break did some good with letting my mind mull over some concepts
    latingal likes this.