How are your practices going?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Dec 25, 2008.

1. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Practice today, rumba and jive with a dash of cha-cha thrown in. Was happy with some of the work in jive, it's far from being in to the body but it's always nice when you feel like you learned something!
  2. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Back from a 2 week break- 3 hours of practice yesterday and 1 easy group lesson. Good to get back into the swing of things, and looking forward to a lesson on Wednesday
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

managed to get in a smooth and standard practice today...mainly worked maintaining positional integrity, footwork and foot placement, dance position, use of back and use of hips, also balanced and relaxed topline
  4. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

So nice to practice something, and then have pro notice it in lesson.... "I see you have been practicing".....
  5. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Active Member

Air conditioning was out in the studio last night; we're in the middle of a heat wave. Practice was... not that productive. Or long. Or physical. Or focused.

Trying to convince myself to try again tonight... apparently it's fixed.
  6. latingal

For the next six weeks I'm going to feel like a flailing chicken....oh goody.
  7. fascination

goodness...not a very impressive showing for practicing the past 2 weeks for dfers...I finally got off my butt and got a good one in...actually, I have simply been swamped at work...but today I got a good one in ...focused on ru and cha, though I have a gnawing suspicion that I am forgetting recent corrections to my locks...also worked some swing...then worked all things waltz...particularly being over my own foot on 2, and letting my body go...also looked at vw and form in shadow
    cornutt likes this.
  8. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Sounds like what my instructor keeps reminding me lately... "Crotch over foot!"
  9. fascination

it is a concept I am pretty dedicated to...most of the time...cough...but it has been pointed out to me that there are some "2"s in waltz where I am skating by
    cornutt likes this.
  10. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I know exactly what you mean... spent most of a lesson last week learning how to do twinkles all over again, and most of that focused on getting entirely on to the right foot on 2.
    fascination likes this.
  11. latingal

Practice in the last couple weeks have been good! Things feel like they're coming together. Working lately on finding the right level of energy and compactness in my dancing....seems I do too much!
  12. fascination

tango and FT today...various technical issues...sufficient for today is it's own evil
  13. Warren J. Dew

Warren J. Dew Well-Known Member

My flexor longus muscles are sore after practice earlier today. Hopefully that means I'll regain some of the foot strength I've been losing as a result of no longer carrying the extra weight of a toddler around while practicing.
  14. madmaximus

madmaximus Well-Known Member

Started to get back in physical shape today after a looooong hiatus... ooof-ta.

That Kryptonite sure got me good :)

m
    chomsky likes this.
  15. fascination

very glad to hear it
    chomsky likes this.
  16. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

awesome two hour practice in smooth and standard for a local expo next weekend

no "arguing" with the mrs and she made all the mistakes!!:eek: (all two of them)

you coulda knocked me over with a feather....step:D
  17. fascination

okay practice...ru, cha , QS and tango
  18. latingal

Practices have been going pretty well. Not much work on concepts, mostly now just dancing and performance. It's a nice change up...hopefully it'll pay off soon!
  19. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

My am partner got back from vacation this weekend, and we had our first pratice session in ages last night. I have to say that it was really nice. She felt like she was terribly rusty, but I was delighted to get back to it.
    chomsky and cornutt like this.
  20. fascination

QS and cha locks...disturbed that right now I just feel fatigued and cannot shake it