How are your practices going?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Dec 25, 2008.

1. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

on water?? perfect. (just i don't remember when is the lest time that i was in the ocean, i think on thanksgiving.i'm working all the time)

but now, when i am so old, i need to be careful with my bones. [​IMG]
  2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

*grin* is anybody practicing in here?
  3. latingal

I worked cha-cha, samba, jive and rumba today. Mostly went over coachings from the last couple of days to cement in the things I need to work on for the next month or so. Also worked on a posture correction that will help with more stability and speed.

After practice was quite pleased that the body seems to be picking up corrections faster.
  4. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

we are living vicariously through you at the moment, so bust a leg please! :)
  5. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

i am still in the studio. practiced all day. i'm just waiting for my BF to finish with lesson.
  6. latingal

anybody practicing tomorrow - New Year's Day? my main practice studio is closed....
  7. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I have lots of excersizes to do at home - so I can manage wihtout the studio tomorrow. Next real practise Friday....
  8. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Worked more on ballance, rise and fall in W with DP and incorporated into routine. QS found some shaping opportunities in the routine and worked on the rhumba cross going into the running right turn
  9. mamboqueen

My gym is open 12-4, so I'm going.
  10. latingal

Hi MQ! Happy New Year's!!

Have decided to rest my feet tomorrow. May do a bit of barefoot jive in my living room, but that's about it.
  11. mamboqueen

Ditto to you :). Guess you have a little time left in '08 -kinda weird!

Barefoot jive? Sounds painful. Mine is painful with shoes on...:)

Not sure what I will work on. Maybe variations of rumba walks again *LOL* I need some more confusion!
  12. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

I have GOT to do something somewhere! I just need to practice.

(I did do some heel turns at work today and cha cha. My boss thought I should be officially committed to an asylum! - BUT some GREAT songs were on the speakers at work and I was BORED, so I just got up and was practicing in the office. LOL)
  13. latingal

You go girl!
  14. mamboqueen

Hey...wherever there is some free floor! It's amazing the things you can find to work on in very little space!
  15. elisedance

elisedance New Member

welcome to my studio, er kitchen :roll:
  16. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

It certainly gets people talking. And thankfully so far, I have gotten 5 couples (Couples, can you believe it, the guys too!) into dance! AND they want to continue after this group lesson ends. YEAH!

But dancing (like at the office) certainly gets people talking, and interested! I think though many hesitate with the same excuses I am sure many of us have had ie: money, two left feet, blah blah blah.

But it is FUN!
  17. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Now I'm at the point where I think people are weird if they don't dance. That generates some odd conversations!
  18. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

ole. :raisebro:

when i worked in an office we always had music playing, and my feet were nevere still.

but thank god that now i work in a dance studio, so nobody is thinking that i am crazy.
  19. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Except if you do 'the books' while in the studo :p
  20. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

well, now i am cheating. my head and mind supposed to be with all this papers that i need to sort. :confused: