How much is too much to pay for a lesson?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by caityrosey, Dec 13, 2005.

1. LXC

LXC New Member

Getting back to the original question: how much is too much to pay for lessons, the answer is when you get home and wonder if it's worthwhile.

If you come home feeling like the coaches have done you a favor and you can't wait to spend another fortune on them, it's obviously not too much:)

2. dTas

dTas New Member

that's the key isn't it... if you feel you got your money's worth then you didn't pay too much.

3. RhumbaWaltz

RhumbaWaltz New Member

So true-I almost skipped home from my last coaching session because I was so excited about what I had learned. Like most financial matters, investing in dance is a uniquely personal decision.
    RW

4. Kitty

Kitty New Member

a very good way to put it

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

exactly...:cool:

6. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

In case anyone has wondered, I have been indulging in a bit of exaggeration in my coments on this thread---I do have many of the opinions that I expressed, but they are more measured than they seem here. I enjoy playing devil's advocate from time to time and the issues I brought up here on this thread are issues that have, for lack of a better phrase, been tickling my brain for a while. Exaggeration in a forum like this one really tends to bring other people's opinions roaring out of the closet. Thanks for all your input.

7. redhead

redhead New Member

how much is too much... I'd rather pay $150 for a lesson that gives my partner and I enough material for over 2 weeks of practice than $60 for a lesson that seems almost useless (although might be useful for someone else) - does that make sense? Kinda more bang for the buck :)

8. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

*bump* seems to apply to some of our current discussions

9. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I know that I’m new, but I agree with you. I feel as though I am not going to pay $200 for basic lessons that I could get on television even. So, to me if I can get the basics down (and usually from what I have found I can tell the good leaders), then I’m not going to worry about paying $200 for someone until I decide I want to compete.

10. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the DF SPratt74! :D

11. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Oh cool! I got my first welcome! Thank you! ;)

12. fascination

i'm not paying anyone more than 120 an hour...but I'd gladly do that if they have something of value...and definately hppier to do that than take a 60 private that got me nowhere

13. fascination

and here is you second...welcome;)

14. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Thank you! I'm so excited to be here! I've been looking for an active ballroom forum since I began dancing this year! Thanks again!

15. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

Welcome!

So far my personal limit is $150...though I have not yet paid over $70/hr...pretty arbitrary.

I'd pay Alec or Tony $150 I think...I don't know what they ususally charge. Half for the dancing, half just to bask in their glow :)

16. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

HEre's 3rd. WELCOME!!:D

17. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Never paid more then 40 sharing with someone so that works out to 20. Not worth it for me in terms of improving my dance skill. A scooter first for me. ;-)

18. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

A scooter? With or without a motor?

19. fascination

I'd pay just for the basking...shameless hussy that I am

20. fascination

dh wants one of those whatcha macallits that have the two wheels and you like stand straight up on em and the go, goodness knows how...can't remeber what they are called but thaey have them at disney and he loves em...anything to avoid exercise...how he and I matched up I will nver comprehend