How to get a dancer's body

Discussion in 'Dance Articles' started by llamasarefuzzy, Dec 9, 2013.

1. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

Karina Smirnoff's Shape Up With Karina DVD. It will kick your knat like you were talking about her mama.

hereKittyKitty and fascination like this.
  2. RainbowConnection

RainbowConnection New Member

Like you were talking about her mama! LOL! Love it.

fascination likes this.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

and very little food

Deepanshu likes this.
  4. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

OK, so I'm a wee biased, but this is great, and "danceKinesis", a program specifically about this, is a great way to do it.

Joy In Motion likes this.
  5. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

The best way to get a dancer's body is to buy her stuff first and ask politely.

Ailuene, sbrnsmith, cornutt and 3 others like this.
  6. Caroline Lucas

Caroline Lucas New Member

Thanks for sharing such an informative article. I liked the scientific view in an article most.

vcolfari and alis like this.
  7. rain_dog

rain_dog Member

Huh. I usually tell Igor to get me one. I've never asked him how he does it.

Hedwaite likes this.
  8. alis

alis New Member

A dancer isn't his athletic body. Certly for a dancer is important to have a low body fat or a lot of muscular, but I belive that energy and rhythm are the most important elements.. So I think that having an athletic body is important but only to improve the type of movement you want to be able to do.

9. Kelly Long

Kelly Long New Member

I have a sprinter's body and have always been told since I began competing at 9 that I needed to lose weight. It forced me into a horrible pattern of diet pills, bulimia and general torture. After highs and lows I have finally leveled off at a good point, though I am still muscular, and worry that judges might think I am still too meaty. I am competing for the first time in about 4 years next week, so we will see what happens!

If any of you remember Jean Marc and Frans from Canada, it's proof you can be "less than the ideal" body type as long as your floor presence, body position, etc. are spot on. Having said that, I still eat around 1000 calories a day combined with crazy amounts of exercise to maintain a 4/6 size. I guess I just got used to it, but I know some people find my eating and exercise habits excessive. How do you explain that I am normal sized for regular life while being "dance fat?" LOL. You gotta laugh!

10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

1000 caloriesa day combined with crazy amounts of exercise only to be considered fat as a 4/6 would be insane....sigh...and it doesn't make me laugh

FancyFeet likes this.
  11. Kelly Long

Kelly Long New Member

It is insane, and it only makes me laugh because it's absurd in the normal world...our dance world is something crazy!

12. alis

alis New Member

Health in the first place!! And for this reason it is important to eat the right amounts..

raindance and Kelly Long like this.
  13. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Welcome to the DF, Kelly Long. Jean Marc and France are friends, and they are tops! I remember when she singularly changed the way latin is danced (stylized).

Sorry for the hi-jack, guys. OK, back to the topic of fat. :)

14. CCdance

CCdance Active Member

oh no, I can't give up on the food, I'm a foodie, life is too short lol but I dont overeat and I like varieties, I eat healthy most of time, practice, workout all that, but gotta get back on Yoga and add some resistance training looks like.... Good article!

vcolfari likes this.