How to get fast, strong arms

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Monsour, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Monsour

Monsour New Member

Hey I was wondering if there was excercises to get faster arm movements

My dancing style is very sharp and hard hitting and I was wondering how I can get faster quicker stronger arms......is there any excercises I can do.............

I know there is excercises for boxers to get faster punches so I thought there might be excercises to get faster arms

Regards
    Monsour

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

How about working on leading? I've discovered that the better I get at leading the easier it is to execute faster and more complex moves. I don't really need arm strength and speed for that.

3. Monsour

Monsour New Member

Sagitta I dont really no what leading is......

I'm a funk/Jazz dancer not a Latin dancer ....can you please clarify

4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Okay let me ask for clarification as well. Are you talking of partner dancing? In partner dancing how you guide your partner through moves is very important. That's what I'm referring to when I talk of leading.

What exactly do you mean by faster arm movements? Are we talking about freestyle dancing? I'm not sure why you would desire stronger arms for that... :?

You also might want to try posting this question in our sister forum, www.thefitnessforums.com and use the advice that you get there.

5. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

Hey Monsour-

Have you checked the Fitness Forums?

My own understanding of speed and strength is that they're different fitness goals. If speed is your key, you want to do light lifting and a lot of reps. For strength, heavier lifting and fewer reps.

Cheers,

Genesius