How to Tell Someone they have Body Odor

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I sometimes run one of the dances at a local studio, and I swear, sometimes I want to buy a stick of DO and velcro it to the front counter with a sign saying If you haven't used deodorant today, USE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

This is such a sensitive issue. If it were a very good friend of mine, I might say something(if I was primed with alcohol)...

I have said things before about the breath issue as many Asian people(in Asia, folks!), while TOTALLY taking care of their body odors, don't seem to give a $hit about what goes on in their mouths. I'd rather smell B.O. than $hit rotting between someone's teeth. I've introduced people to the pleasures of flossing many times here. One has to be tactful in how they go about addressing the issue as to not offend.
  3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I totally agree, cocodrilo. 8)
  4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

We should make & market posters- a DF exclusive! 8)
  5. pygmalion

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  6. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

well, I'd suggest getting the aerosol kind as some people might find sharing deoderant, especially with any number of random people, a bit icky... otherwise, not a bad idea. In lots of clubs, they have bathroom attendants and/or lotions, hairspray, mouthwash, deoderant, etc. I say stock the bathroom, no need for an attendant, you'll encourage better hygiene.
  7. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

That's a really good idea, having a spray bottle for the public to use, available in the restrooms! Wonder if the "stinky ones" would really use it, though?
  8. pygmalion

Probably not. :lol: :lol: And, to make it worse, the bathrooms of clubs that stock sprays are a haze of mist, when you go in. Seriously, body spray, deodorant, hairspray, you name it, all in the air at one time. Eww! *shudder*

I still think it's a good idea, though. 8) Better a two-minute trip to a hazy restroom than three or four hours of dancing with the stinky ones. :lol: :lol:
  9. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

I dunno pygmalion; I know a few people who are sensitive or allergic to aerosols. Better none in the bathroom than them not being able to pee / freshen up / whatever all night.
  10. pygmalion

True, Ms_S. I'm very sensitive to scents, and those trips to club bathrooms are miserable for me. Cough and gag pretty much sums it up. :( It's a no-win, I guess. :? :(
  11. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I prefer gaggiong on aerosols then stinky men's bathrooms!!

Sometimes I run out to the bushes.... :oops:
  12. Sabor

Sabor New Member

walk up and spray them..
  13. pygmalion

*giggle* Don't think I haven't considered it on occasion. :roll: :lol:
  14. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

...while saying "you stink!" :shock:
  15. pygmalion

Thought about that too. :roll: :lol:
  16. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

There's no sense in beating around the bush. If they stink, they stink. :shock:
  17. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I have two young ladies who are students of mine who went to see a very dramatic play called "The Winds of God" which is about WWII kamikaze pilots. It is a long-running play and has had fantastic reviews(even premiered in NY!) so I was eager to hear about it. One of the ladies said she didn't enjoy it at all! She went on to explain that the guy sitting next to her had such bad B.O. and stinky breath that she felt repulsed during the whole performance.

What would you have done in that situation?(She siad it was a sold-out event so all seats were taken) :shock:
  18. africana

africana New Member

Ok I did it tonight,
    around half-way through when we were standing together, I could smell it so I simply suggested she change to my brand of deodorant after I casually asked "what kind of deodorant do you wear?"
    It was no big deal 8) she took it lightly. I'm just glad she's not insulted
    (I had to pretend it was the first time it ever occured to me to tell her ;) )
  19. pygmalion

Woohoo! You did it. :banana: That took guts, lady, and you did it. :applause: :D Yay for you.

I hope your friend not only takes it well, but takes it to heart. 8) :D
  20. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Good for you! That's the start of things smelling sweet!