I am currently listening to ...

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Pacion, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

What CD/album are you currently listening to, not necessarily at this exact moment in time :lol: but what you either last listened to or will put on as soon as you get home, in the car, or get the headphones for your portable [insert name] out? :D
  2. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Old School Salsa Classics Vol 1. A little Cheo/Hector, Tito, Jose, etc. Absolutely love it. :)
  3. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

The last I listened to was hot hot hot by buster poindexter ...a merengue :oops:
  4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

In my car right now I have the Orquestra Palabra CD, "On Fire". At this moment at home salsastream in my room, and digital cable music in the kitchen and living room. :)
  5. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I have three CDs I've burnt that I take everywhere, which are compilations of my favourites from various CDs I've got, including:

Africando - Mandali
    Orquesta la Palabra - Breakthrough
    Salsa Celtica - Elgua De La Vida
    Orquesta de la Luz - The Best of Orquesta de la Luz
    Salsa Fresca!
    Beginner's Guide to Salsa
    I Love Salsa
    R'n'B Salsa
  6. Tasek

Tasek New Member

Reload, by Tom Jones.

Yep, I also still listen to non-sals music every now and then.
  7. don_svendo

don_svendo New Member

Rubén Blades/Willie Colón - Siembra

I'm still catching up on the classics... Bought this CD three weeks ago, and have listened to little else since! :)
  8. salsaForfun

salsaForfun New Member

My fav now is a bachata song ay Hombe (Raulin Rodriguez)
    and these two songs :
    - I don't speak spanish but understand every thing when I am dancing
    - cachao
    (both bobby Matos)
  9. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear that. :wink: :lol: The last time I heard that was at my local supermarket. They play it every day, to announce when there's hot, fresh bread avaiable for sale. It gets old, pretty quickly that way. :x :lol:
  10. Sabor

Sabor New Member

a recording of myself singing in the shower :mrgreen:
  11. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:roll: Is that so you don't spend too long in the shower :roll: :roll: :twisted:

:friend:
  12. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

I've been over playing Saoco's Album, Guajiro Soy for the past few weeks. Everyday I play the darn thing, on and on and on.
  13. Vin

Vin New Member

I've been listening to alot of Mandali the last few days as well.
    Also I got a compilation cd "the rough guide to salsa of puerto rico" that I have in my car.
  14. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I "hear" WCS music nearly every minute that I am at work . . . I constantly have it playing in the background . . . the brain still registers it!

The music is usually a compilation CD that I make up from the most popular WCS swing songs used by DJs - especially the ones for competitions.

I try to learn every piece of the music, so when I am dancing, socially or in competition, I can react to those little hits or accents, or prepare for breaks or react to breaks in the music, etc.

I have about 25 of these compilation CDs - from Benny Goodman and Frank Sinatra to R. Kelly and Outcast!
  15. vey

vey New Member

I have several CD albums on my MP3 player that I'm listening non-stop for the past couple of weeks:

Africando "Baloba"
    Africando "Trovador"
    Tito Puente "Top Percussion" (Wow!!!!!, if you like afro-cuban)
    Tito Puente "Oye como va"
    Willie Colon "Idilio"
    Ismael Miranda "Vengo con Todo"
  16. tj

tj New Member

I'm currently listening to this guy talk really loudly to his cell phone... anyone hear about keeping quiet at the library!?!

:wink:
  17. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:doh: It had to be you, just had to be you :roll:

:lol:
  18. tj

tj New Member

Lol!

Are you "singing", Pacion? :roll:
  19. Pacion

Pacion New Member

As it is night time here, howling at the moon is probably more like it :wink:
  20. tj

tj New Member

So you've seen the latest Harry Potter movie, too, I take it?

:wink: