I am currently listening to ...

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Pacion, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

nah! It's my poor eye, making me howl in pain :oops: :cry: :lol:
  2. Sakura

Sakura New Member

Awww! What happened? :cry: *sniffles* We don't want you in pain!

Sakura Kitty :kitty:
  3. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Vince: Like how you listen to music to find those spots where doing something cool can work with the music. Even though I am still very new to the dance world, I do the same thing each week at the socials I attend, listening and playing with the music that is heard inorder to dance better. I like your idea of listening to music when not dancing to do the same thing.

Anyway, getting to the question, I was listening today to a compilation CD put out by Everything But The Girl. Yesterday, I was listening to The Tango Lesson sound track.

Of course, what we all listen to changes, and sometimes I listen to what appears to be silence, yet really isn't silence at all.
  4. Sakura

Sakura New Member

On topic, I'm listening to the song displayed on these two sites, and is called "Banana Phone," by Raffi:

(Go see this one only if you don't mind strong language and some violence {it's towards the end, and it gets a bit o_O} -- but I promise it's worth it! =^__^=)
    http://uploads.ungrounded.net/conte...ne&date=1087099200&quality=b&uj=0&w=550&h=400

(This is a sped up, non-complete version of the song I'm listening to, but it's much more light hearted! And any anime fans out there will appreciate the Gundam in a banana suit.... =^__^=;;)
    http://www.ganoobies.net/banana/

(If anyone who goes to these links *isn't* driven insane by the catchy-ness of this song, here's a link to a website where you can download the song. This link will take you to a forum, scroll down until you get to a post written by "Daiken" {it's the second one}. It'll say MP3, so just right-click on it, hit "Save Target As" on your little menu, and you'll start downloading it!)
    http://forum.ebaumsworld.com/showthread.php?t=15344&page=2

Be forewarned, it's *REALLY* catchy, and *will* get stuck in your head! :twisted: :twisted: :wink: All the better if you like it! *laughs* See you around!

5. salsalawyer

salsalawyer New Member

I just bought some older stuff...

Orquestra la Conspracion and Kako y El Taburco.

I`m getting salsa from the 70s! :oops:
  6. jdavidb

jdavidb New Member

I'm really liking Moten Swing on the Kansas City Soundtrack. The brass solos remind me of guitar players. I usually hate the solo chunks in songs, but I really like this stuff.
  7. Sakura

Sakura New Member

*feels a bit out of place, not listening to anything Latin related* :) :oops: :) Heh, heh... Must get some CDs soon... Ah, lack of money is awful! :roll:

8. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Well, let's see....this is a thread in a salsa forum, so I would expect mostly salsa music. :wink: :)
  9. Sakura

Sakura New Member

*nods and smiles lightly* Touche, mon ami. 8)

10. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Had on Los Lonely Boys' CD earlier today. Puts me in a Cha-Cha mood!

Also listened to 3rd Force's Vital Force; couple of good rumba's included in their mix.
  11. MapleLeaf Salsero

MapleLeaf Salsero New Member

Eddie Palmieri - Vamonos Pal Monte

I think I´m the only one left on my floor. It´s 22:30H and I´m still at the company. :( :(
  12. Sakura

Sakura New Member

(Seeing as it's only 17:39 here.) Eep! You should go home! Sleep! Or go Dance! :p

SK :kitty:
  13. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Alejate-Hector Lavoe

Alejate de me, no te quiero mas...... :banana:
  14. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Leonard Cohen: First We Take Manhattan...
  15. Sakura

Sakura New Member

Queen: Bohemia Raphsody

Earlier:

Santana fet. Rob Thomas: Smooth

16. mhgroove

mhgroove New Member

I am currently listening to..

I'm listening to Celia Cruz "Siempre Vivire", Poncho Sanchez's "Latin Soul"(He has an excellent live version of Watermelon Man & Besame Mama), Brand New Heavies' "Shelter" (They are very good & underrated Acid Jazz/Funk band.), Incognito's "Who Needs Love" (Same class..or even better than the Brand New Heavies), & EMI Hemisphere's "Salsa, Meringue, & Mambo" collection.

Also, this is for Cocodrilo & Sagitta(Ha!Ha!Ha!)...I'm listening to Pat Metheny Group's "Speaking of Now", First Circle", & "Imaginary Day", I can truly write for the last 10 years I have listened to PMG EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!! His music has been true inspiration!!!
  17. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Adalberto Alvarez Y Su Son - jugando con candela album
  18. MapleLeaf Salsero

MapleLeaf Salsero New Member

Good Point! I think I´ll start to leave earlier from work. You can´t be too productive or else "they´ll" get used to it. :wink:
  19. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

Siempre Sere Guajiro - Saoco.
  20. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:shock: :shock: :shock: NO! Not "THEM!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, remember, you have to make them want you to work more for them! Which means they have to reward you more to get you to do that! And everybody likes rewards, right?

Listening to various Aerosmith songs... Some of my Japanese stuff, and some various American pop... =o_O= Heh, heh, "Ragdoll" by Aerosmith's up next! See you guys later!