I am currently listening to ...

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Pacion, Jun 12, 2004.

1. tj

tj New Member

I know I've heard Hoy Tenemos before (maybe a different version? not sure), and a couple of the other songs sound like a new version of songs that I've heard.

How do you go about finding albums? Lately, I've been surfing salsa DJ's and seeing what's on their playlists.

2. bailarina

bailarina New Member

car cd

excellent -- :p tj is this question posed because you are busy burning me that CD?!

3. salsamale

salsamale New Member

4. tj

tj New Member

Currently listening to the El Cantante soundtrack. Quite good! Next step is to get the original versions.

5. mayanempire

mayanempire New Member

TJ, that should have been the first step. LOL ;)

6. tj

tj New Member

:doh: I know! :oops: :wink:

7. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Tito puente - 50 years of swing cd set. I didn't really like this sort of music before, but now i do. hmmm.....

8. tj

tj New Member

Been listening to the Beginners Guide to Salsa. It's pretty good. :)

Anyone know if I can get a rebate from Amazon if they drop their prices after you buy it?

9. Sagitta

catalina cd by zona roja. I'm buying another cd of this oldie latin band...I could put this music on and my parents could be sedude. Then I change it a bit...and a bit more...and before they know it latin full blast.

10. Sagitta

hmmm....don't stick to amazon only. Check out half.com and ebay. I've sometimes got a better deal at one of the other two. These three are the ones that I always use to do a quick comparison as standard practice.

11. tj

tj New Member

Um, not my question at all, but thanks anyway.

12. tj

tj New Member

New fav song: Tiquerin Mambo by Mambo Mission.

Heard it on the myspace page of one of the local instructors.

13. Sagitta

In response to your question then, haven't heard of such a rebate policy. Did you end up buying that "salsa for beginner's set"?

14. Sagitta

It is a nice song. I"m listening to it right now.

15. tj

tj New Member

Yup, it's a pretty good CD set.

16. tj

tj New Member

Anyone see any good salsa mp3's on Amazon downloads? Looking thru it right now. I see Sonora Carruseles's Heavy Salsa album (which I already own) which has some good songs on it. It's also got El Cantante - the Originals by Hector Lavoe.

17. yippee1999

yippee1999 Member

La Excelencia! (my new faves, after I heard them for the first time at the recent NYC Salsa Congress... btw, according to their website they will be at LQ in NYC next Weds, 10/3. I am SO there!!)

https://cdbaby.com/cd/laexcelencia

18. yippee1999

yippee1999 Member

I've decided my "new" fave group is Conjunto Imagen. "Manuela me quiere dominar!...."

19. Sagitta

pesadilla by ocho y media.

20. yippee1999

yippee1999 Member

It so happens I decided to pull out a CD that a friend had made me for a barbecue/salsa party I had over the Summer. I guess I didn't really take the time to LISTEN to the music during my party...I didn't realize what good taste my fellow salsero had...

Most of the songs I was not previously familiar with, and as I listened to them a few times again, I was like OH MY GOD!!! SO many good songs:

Tremendo Problema - Conjunto Imagen

Chachareo - Roberto Torres

Me Quiere Dominar - Conjunto Imagen

Campana Tipico - Jose Manguall

Papaupa - Quinto Mayor

and two of my new faves.....

No Te Desprecio - Victor Manuelle

Estas Equivocado - Roberto Roena