I dance, my fiance doesn't...

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by jennikins, Feb 7, 2013.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

:p that's cool...I'm pretty tough

2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

lmao at twnkltoz and fasc but that is what i was alluding too

spat cofee thanks twnk

twnkltoz likes this.
  3. I am a dancer and my husband is totally off beat. I did not force the issue during our wedding dance. We did a very basic line dance and he was fair with it. But I'm still very happy with how our wedding dance went. Anyway, it was our wedding and not a dance competition so I was not stressing so hard to show off my dancing skills.

twnkltoz likes this.
  4. Jamal

Jamal New Member

I'd say just get a teacher...

5. jennikins

jennikins Member

Thanks for all tips guys!! He does want to learn, he just doesn't like dancing with people he doesn't know so he stays home when I go to group classes. He already knows ECS so we might try that, but if it doesn't work I'll take the advise to get a teacher :) I don't know the guy part at all for foxtrot.

pygmalion and twnkltoz like this.
  6. anntennis

anntennis Active Member

I do not know if I saw this post too late, and you already danced at your wedding, but Check to Check is a foxtrot. I have chosen this song for one of my showcases songs - (Fred Astaire - Cheek to Cheek). I love this song. That is a link to my completed pro/am showdance "Check to Check" if it helps with your dance:

dancelvr likes this.
  7. Sania

Sania Active Member

Cute routine!

anntennis likes this.
  8. Generalist

Generalist Active Member

Wedding dances are a waste of time and money. Most couples do the dance once and never dance again until they get a divorce.

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

that is not true and plz try to stop saying incendiary things

stash, Ailuene and danceronice like this.
  10. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

What a sh!tty thing to say.

stash, leee and Bailamosdance like this.
  11. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Well, he sort of has a point... we can argue about whether or not wedding dances are a "waste of time". But I do see a lot of wedding couples come through our studio and spend a lot of money to learn a wedding dance... and then after the wedding, we never see them again. It's their money and they can spend it how they want, but to me it seems like a waste.

12. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

It is true but we all wish it were not.

13. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Well, sure, most wedding dance couples don't stick around at the studio after their weddings. I don't imagine they interact much with their caterers after the wedding either. Just because dance has more or less become a way of life for most of us who post here doesn't mean there's anything wrong or wasteful about couples wanting something very specific (a nice dance at their wedding), getting the service they want, then moving on.

Ailuene, danceronice, bia and 2 others like this.
  14. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

That's true. I just have a hard time getting my mind wrapped around it.

15. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

And how much does the bride spend on the dress she'll never wear again? Or many other things they'll never use again? People spend thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars on their weddings--for one party on one day. Sure, you can say that's a waste of money, but that's how they wanted to celebrate a big day in their life. It makes them happy. And many people have jobs because of the practice. It pays my bills.

stash, Ailuene, danceronice and 2 others like this.
  16. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

yes, get a third party to instruct. and if you want him to shut down entirely, just tell him once that he's doing it wrong. LIE if you must, but make him believe he is doing a good job; the learning curve for beginning leads is so incredibly steep.

atk likes this.