I Got to Dance with Kym, I Got to Dance with Kym!!

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by davedove, Jul 10, 2013.

1. davedove

davedove Active Member

I just got back from an Alaska cruise aboard the Oosterdam from Holland America. There was lots of beautiful scenery, plus this cruise was a Dancing with the Stars cruise. I took second in the Samba dance off and first in the Argentine Tango, which enabled me to dance in the finale (didn't win though).

I got to meet some of the celebrities who had been on the show, as well as dance pros Tristan MacManus and the beautiful and talented Kym Johnson. The best part was, not only did I get to meet Kym, but I got to hang with her backstage, socialize a bit in the club, and even got to dance a cha cha with her. Plus, she sat in on the judging for the Argentine tango and she said my dance was her favorite. She said it reminded her of when she danced it with Hines Ward and gave me a 10!!!

I don't have a picture of the dancing, but here we are on formal night.
    [​IMG]

2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

I too have met kym !! out and about in LA

but I have not danced with her sooo imam littlllllllllllllllllllllleee jellis congrats!!

chomsky likes this.
  3. davedove

davedove Active Member

Yeah, now I can say that Kym was my dance partner for a little while.;)

4. Mr 4 styles

theres a check on the bucket list!!!

ajiboyet likes this.
  5. Mengu

Mengu Active Member

:vulcan: <-- this is me, green. But I'm happy for you. :D (still green)

ajiboyet and chomsky like this.
  6. regis

regis Active Member

NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE !!!

7. davedove

davedove Active Member

I have to admit, ever since she started on the US DWTS, she's been my professional dance crush.:shy: I kind of felt like a shy schoolboy when I met her, but not so shy I couldn't ask her to dance.

chomsky and billman like this.
  8. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

That's awesome...congrats! What fun!

9. Mr 4 styles

when I met her in LA she was carrying her dog.. I said

"cute dog" she said thanks

then I said hey aren't you kym from the show?? she said why yes

(like I didn't know LOL)

then I told her if she ever gets tired of DWTS let me know and we will do pro am

she laughed:confused:

ajiboyet and twnkltoz like this.
  10. davedove

davedove Active Member

Oh, so you got to meet Lola, too.:pomp:

11. billman

billman Active Member

It is so amazing to meet and then to dance with the people we idolize! I got to do V. Waltz for about a minute with Toni Redpath at a dance camp a few years ago... still a high point in my dance life! :)

12. Mr 4 styles

I quickly became tonis volunteer subject at a camp once as well

it was awesome!!!

yeppers

13. davedove

davedove Active Member

I am going to go on the final cruise in January and some more of the stars and pros from the show will be there as well, but the only one listed so far is Sabrina Bryan. Hopefully I'll be able to snag another dance from whoever is on this one.

billman likes this.
  14. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

I got to be Ron Montez's dance dummy for a couple of workshops once. That was fun!

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  15. Mr 4 styles

Nice.. my wife has done that as well and they looked great together he is amazing

16. regis

regis Active Member

Not that I really care about dancing with Ron, but I did have a coaching with him.

17. davedove

davedove Active Member

I went on another Dancing with the Stars at Sea cruise the first part of January and got to dance with Kym again. The best part was that she remembered me!:dancingbanana:

[​IMG]

18. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

O Karina Smirnoff, Karina Smirnoff!
    Wherefore art thou, Karina Smirnoff?
    Deny thy father and refuse thy name...

Cool promenade.

19. freeageless

freeageless Active Member

20. freeageless

freeageless Active Member

Can you take private lessons from those celebrities during the cruise? If so, how much do they charge? I have not been on Holland American; however I have been on Crystal Cruises. They do have professional ballroom dancers on their cruises. They and/or Crystal charge $100 for a 45 minute session. Of course they are not in the same celebrity status as those on Holland American. I know that I have seen and I have met a number of people who do take the private lessons. I was wondering if you could do that on Holland American ballroom dance themed cruises?