I have no idea how to dance :(

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by fenixfrenzy87, Feb 26, 2004.

1. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

sounds like it was a good time. hope you have more...
  2. suckeedancerr

suckeedancerr New Member

wut fenix ment to say was that out of all our friends, he was second best. i was best of course. 8)
    i cant go to clubs tho :cry: not of age sorry.
  3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

But if you stop now, you'll get out of practice. :( And, at least where I live, there are lots of under 21 clubs -- no booze, just dancing. Keep dancing, guys. 8)
  4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

You got it!

Glad to hear you guys had such a great time! :D
  5. Tasek

Tasek New Member

Looks like we created a monster ;) :D

Way to go guys!!
  6. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:shock: Gasp! Pygmalion, you do realise that you might have just recruited two more people to the salsa forum, which means more posts/threads than the ballroom forum don't you :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guys, glad that you did us proud! Now that you have made that first step, keep practising so that this time next year, you will be asking different kinds of questions. Oh, and Suckkeedancerr would have changed his name to a more positive one as I think Pygmalion advised :wink:

PS. Nothing wrong with 5-6 inches distance between you :wink: that distance can be just as electrifying, or in some cases, more so :wink: than the stomach to stomach thing as you can see more of the other person's body :D
  7. pygmalion

:lol: Somehow I can't see them making the quantum leap to foxtrot. :shock: Although you never know. :wink: :D
  8. Pacion

Pacion New Member

They might take up the jive (or one of the other latin dances) or even the waltz :wink:

Anything that utilises more than one tile, as in "rent a tile" aka "grinding" suits me :wink: I can only do that for a certain length of time before I get bored :oops: (unless the guy is the love of my life :wink: )
  9. PaulaAbdulFan

PaulaAbdulFan New Member

ROFLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh. My. GOD. This thread had me laughing halfway throught the second or third post, and I haven't stopped yet. I need to go back and read ALL the posts, b/c I know I skipped half of them, but what I read had me in tears. (of laughter of course. :p)

Sorry, I'm not laughing AT you guys, I'm laughing WITH you! :twisted: LOL!!
  10. pygmalion

Told ya it was funny! :wink:
  11. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Glad that you guys had a good time. Now you can always try out salsa, as Pygmalion suggests. Very sensual dance. :)
  12. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

WEPA!!!!! Wait till you get a hold of salsa, you'll never stop talking about it!!! Glad to hear you guys had a great time at the dance. If you try you never fail, you can only fail if you don't try. WEPAAAAA!!!

You guys tell me when you are ready to go clubing and I'll take you out. :car:
  13. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Well, as "the poster formerly known as Suckeedancer" said, she drove him, he does not drive as yet. I guess they are both at an age where they can't go to clubs as yet, unless you know of a club/party venue that caters for those who can't go to clubs as yet :wink:

He is hopefully going to be changing his login name soon so that it is a more positive one and will be a positive reinforcement rather than a negative one :wink:
  14. pygmalion

Does this mean the UK doesn't have underage dance clubs? :shock: There are a bunch here, where the main clientele is fifteen to eighteen year olds. Lots of dancing. Open til about One AM. From what I hear, lots of fun is had by all. Eighteen and up are generally admitted into regular clubs, just not allowed to drink. (Some clubs all women eighteen and up, but guys twenty-one and up. Totally unfair, if you ask me. )
  15. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

lol... Indeed I do. Here the salsa venues for dancers by dancers allow any age. It doesn't matter if you are 12 years old. if you can dance, you are in. :D :D :D :D :D

No alcohol sold either. :D :D

Usually we don't get that many youngsters, the youngest I've seen are in the mid teens.
  16. Pacion

Pacion New Member

To my knowledge, we don't have underage dance clubs. The minimum age here is 18 and since I have been 21 for about a thousand years :wink: (makeup does wonders :D ) I haven't kept track of what the age limits are. Yes there are school dances and there might be an annual event type of thing organised by a company wanting to tap into the youth market, but nothing like what you described, to my knowledge.

I think some dance schools/studios have socials but they will probably be more of an afternoon rather than an evening thing.

Then of course, there are the parties held at someone's home.
  17. pygmalion

Wow! The things you can learn in an international forum. hmm. Some regular, adults-only clubs also sponsor underage nights/evenings. And occasionally, dance promoters will put together a high school dance party/event -- those things can get huge.

Sad to admit, I'm also in been twenty one since the dawn of time club LOL. But I refuse to wear makeup. Haven't in years. What you see is what you get. :wink:
  18. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: For some women (and I guess the same could apply to men :shock: ) as they get older, their face has a lot of character. I met a woman yesterday who had more wrinkles/fine lines than an aging apple. BUT to me, she was incredible to watch (and therefore beautiful) because she used her eyes and when she spoke, her whole face was part of the conversation.

I started going to clubs/discos when I was about 13 8) I was in the company of my older sisters and my parents knew that I was sensible, ie. didn't drink/smoke etc and not a "wild child". If I were to do something they did not approve of, I would have been grounded for eternity and unable to sit for months! So, the makeup came in handy "back then" :wink:

In a way, because I started using makeup in my teens - foundation, eye shadow, the works I am not into it very much. My grandfather used to say: if it takes you more than 10 mins to do your face, it isn't worth it. (He was a man of few words :D ) I try to apply that same principle and especially in a dance situation, when you are perspiring, the last thing I want to do is keep running to the ladies to check if mascara lines are making their way to my chin :oops: (the waterproof stuff requires too much cleaning after a night of dancing :( :D )
  19. BayAreaBallroomLady

BayAreaBallroomLady New Member

Wow! Somehow I think I've learned more about sex in this string than my own parents taught me! :shock:
  20. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Somehow I'm not suprised. Most parents don't say too much. :? :(